IVIYTH0S

Hey good lookin,

Mine is a dv9700 as well, and I have had it replaced twice due to bad graphics cards. Since my last replacement I just stopped doing anything stressful on it so that it will last longer. I will be curious to see how yours turns out.

i modded mine by cutting the sense wire on the fan so it now blows full speed all the time and i also updated the bios , as well as cutting out the fan intake holes to make them bigger , gpu temp is around 50 Celsius / 122 f all the time now , which is a bit better than 65-70 before lol

no mines a hp dv9700 , the gpu is a bga package soldered to the mainboard , hence i need to do the whole thing and hopefully not turn it into a pile of melted goo :thumbsup:

Pics, especially if pile of goo ensues!! :cheers:

hmm ( i see now ) that kind like what they say to do to a Xbox 360 after you get a red light ( i think ) thanks for the share bro.......

when the dastardly deed is done , i shall upload the results and share my joy or goo :lol:

SUCCEED OR GOO HOME TRYING :P

hmm ( i see now ) that kind like what they say to do to a Xbox 360 after you get a red light ( i think ) thanks for the share bro.......

:cheers:

Edited by IVIYTH0S

I wish I could remember who I sold it to, but I had an old 8800GT that was acting up and I believe I sold it to someone on OCC.

Perhaps it was tacohunter52?

I wonder if he ever got that working and if this would fix it?

:/

Kinda sucks, I had an old dell with a dead video card...could have tried this but didn't think about it