[Contest] Steam Summer Sale

bilcliff

I just thought of an idea, how about a music based game? I imagine most everyone here has them, though I'm not 100% on it. Say we choose the game, whether it be Audiosurf, Beat Hazard, or something else, then we pick a song to play, could be built into the game or maybe we could upload the song somewhere for everyone to download if it's not already in the game. The three highest scorers could each pick a game of their choice and then everyone else is done with random name selection? Something along these lines anyway, I just thought it up, not out. :lol:

Also, I know there might be those opposed to the idea of sharing a song if it's picked, for piracy reasons, but it would have to be the same file, couldn't very well pick Free Bird and have some playing the full version while others are playing a shorter version, wouldn't go well if there were variances of any kind I think.

I like that idea :) Audiosurf is 75% off - $2.49 for the entire summer sale as well. So its not a ridiculously expensive entry barrier. It doesn't have to be audiosurf, it could be any game that has a ranking/leaderboard. so even something like bit-trip beat. Or as i like to call it Pong on colourful crack :lol:

I was thinking more about the idea of the steam achievement one. Something along the lines of achieve 1-3 things and you're in the running for 1 game from selection A (i.e. Binding of issac, terraria), 4-7 acheivements 1 game from selection B (i.e. Payday, HL2, Orcs Must die) OR 1 game Selection A, 8-10 1 game from selection C (x games) OR B OR A, 10+ 1 game from any category. I'm not sure about doing 2+ prizes to one person. would kinda rather maximise total number of winners. The easiest tasks being "Join the OCC steam group", "Have more than 5 OCC members as friends on steam". Will give both this and Death's idea more thought in the coming days and will keep you posted

also added 1x Bastion to the contest. Sorry guys. Cash severely starting to run out so prizes are going to start getting smaller.

Edited by bilcliff

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Contests with random winners and easy entry are the most fun IMHO. Doing achievements assumes you have easy acheivements to unlock and that you have the games in question already. :P

Here's an idea. Whatever the contest ends up being, those who donate prizes are automatically entered. Meaning Deathmineral and F13Bubba won't have to do the contest because they have offered something to the contest. Maybe this will bring in more people donating gifts to the contest.

Being broke sucks huh?

How exactly does one go about entering said contest?

If someone wins a prize they already own, you should allow them to take it and possibly give it to a friend instead (since you can trade things through steam now.) I would just hope that nobody ends up bartering away their winnings for hats in TF2 :lol:

It's obviously up to the gift-givers, but this is to reward the OCC community, not to reward friends of the OCC community.

"Join the OCC steam group"

Even if you don't do the achievement-based one, you should make this a requirement!

If someone wins a prize they already own, you should allow them to take it and possibly give it to a friend instead (since you can trade things through steam now.) I would just hope that nobody ends up bartering away their winnings for hats in TF2 :lol:
It's obviously up to the gift-givers, but this is to reward the OCC community, not to reward friends of the OCC community.

:withstupid: If was up to me, then I'd say no giving to friends outside the forum, unless of course absolutely everyone on OCC has a copy of the game. But as far as I'm concerned i'm not the one calling the shots here. i'll have a sit down with Death & bubba in the coming days see how they want to do this thing with regards to rules and how winners are selected etc. i dont want to be the only one calling all the shots when they've made generous contributions as well.

Even if you don't do the achievement-based one, you should make this a requirement!

see above but it most likely will be ;)

Just added:

2x limbo

1x Just Cause 2

I just realized my joke didn't go over well. :lol:

The Secret of the Magic Crystals was just a joke, unless someone actually wants the game.

Honestly I didn't think it was a joke and your sig may have something to do with that. Or everything to do with that.

AJOCCSIG.jpg

Honestly I didn't think it was a joke and your sig may have something to do with that. Or everything to do with that.

AJOCCSIG.jpg

While it's true I enjoy a cartoon, I can't see myself wanting to play that game. I'm just not into games like that, mostly because they are a literal waste of time, there would most likely be points in the game where you wouldn't be able to do anything but wait on something to happen, like waiting on crops to grow in Farmville. I'm not sure if that's what it's like but it's the impression I get about it.

I just realized my joke didn't go over well. :lol:

The Secret of the Magic Crystals was just a joke, unless someone actually wants the game.

I didn't even know what it was until you said it was a joke. i assumed it was an indy rpg of sorts because of the title :P

I have two copies of Shoot Many Robots I can give.

And if I can still give it away to someone else I have a copy of A Valley Without Wind. (I sent it to my cousin not knowing he had his account banned...can I send it to someone else since it hasn't been redeemed?)