[Contest] Steam Summer Sale

bilcliff

I get the feeling that this may get to be quirt the contest if a few more generous donations come in like deaths

Also looks like this is going to be the only way I will get games this sale haha

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I apologise. Magika was 75% off in a flash sale at around 3am local time and i would have bought a fourpack for the contest as its a great little game to play with friends. That is when they dont kill you all the time like my sister does :glare: Its me or herself usually :lol: . But I already have it and i CBF trying to beat the system / buy 4 copies individually at 3am i have work today :lol:

Oh... hello there, I'm just stopping by on my way to the Steam Sale thread, thought I'd drop off some goodies while I'm at it...

My donations:

Zeno Clash

PixelJunk Eden

Hard Reset Extended Edition

Hydrophobia Prophecy

and...

Secret of the Magic Crystals!

Are you sure? Thats very generous of you Death. Thank you.

... Well apart from Hydrophobia Prophecy :P . I did not like that game :lol:. Interesting premise & unique for the ability to control water, but you only really get to the good stuff in the last half hour :-/

I'm in! I also have copies of Half-Life 2 and Eufloria that are sitting in my giftables bin.
The contest thanks you :)

Also fear not people i have not forgotten about the challenge / mini-game. I was toying with the idea of doing a steam based acheivement one. But I figured its far too much effort on my part to scroll through pages of acheivements of games to randomly select ones OCC members may or may not be able to achieve. and then to scroll through pages of achievements of all entrants. Its a lot easier when you're valve :lol:

Also toyed with the idea of a scavenger hunt similar to the photo game. But there is already a thread for that :P

I will continue to think it over. feel free to continue to offer ideas or any unwanted games like Deathmineral & F13Bubba. Thanks again gents :cheers:

I apologise. Magika was 75% off in a flash sale at around 3am local time and i would have bought a fourpack for the contest as its a great little game to play with friends. That is when they dont kill you all the time like my sister does :glare: Its me or herself usually :lol: . But I already have it and i CBF trying to beat the system / buy 4 copies individually at 3am i have work today :lol:

Are you sure? Thats very generous of you Death. Thank you.

... Well apart from Hydrophobia Prophecy :P . I did not like that game :lol:. Interesting premise & unique for the ability to control water, but you only really get to the good stuff in the last half hour :-/

The contest thanks you :)

Also fear not people i have not forgotten about the challenge / mini-game. I was toying with the idea of doing a steam based acheivement one. But I figured its far too much effort on my part to scroll through pages of acheivements of games to randomly select ones OCC members may or may not be able to achieve. and then to scroll through pages of achievements of all entrants. Its a lot easier when you're valve :lol:

Also toyed with the idea of a scavenger hunt similar to the photo game. But there is already a thread for that :P

I will continue to think it over. feel free to continue to offer ideas or any unwanted games like Deathmineral & F13Bubba. Thanks again gents :cheers:

I liked Hydrophobia Prophecy a lot and I think several other OCC people have enjoyed it as well, plus a couple still have it on their wishlist and it was incredibly cheap, so it seemed like a good choice. :P

I wanted to suggest an achievement based contest as well but then you have to consider who has the games and that leads you to making the achievement on a F2P game, but even then, people might not have the time for it or something, I don't know. In the end, it really just depends on how much effort the contest host wants to put into it, I mean you could go with a simple numbers game but you would definitely be putting some time aside to keep track of the numbers I think.

I get the feeling that this may get to be quirt the contest if a few more generous donations come in like deaths

Also looks like this is going to be the only way I will get games this sale haha

Being broke sucks huh?

How exactly does one go about entering said contest?

If someone wins a prize they already own, you should allow them to take it and possibly give it to a friend instead (since you can trade things through steam now.) I would just hope that nobody ends up bartering away their winnings for hats in TF2 :lol:

I just thought of an idea, how about a music based game? I imagine most everyone here has them, though I'm not 100% on it. Say we choose the game, whether it be Audiosurf, Beat Hazard, or something else, then we pick a song to play, could be built into the game or maybe we could upload the song somewhere for everyone to download if it's not already in the game. The three highest scorers could each pick a game of their choice and then everyone else is done with random name selection? Something along these lines anyway, I just thought it up, not out. :lol:

Also, I know there might be those opposed to the idea of sharing a song if it's picked, for piracy reasons, but it would have to be the same file, couldn't very well pick Free Bird and have some playing the full version while others are playing a shorter version, wouldn't go well if there were variances of any kind I think.

Edited by Deathmineral

Being broke sucks huh?

How exactly does one go about entering said contest?

If someone wins a prize they already own, you should allow them to take it and possibly give it to a friend instead (since you can trade things through steam now.) I would just hope that nobody ends up bartering away their winnings for hats in TF2 :lol:

Not broke just had my debit card details stolen :-/

I'm not sure if I've been here for 6 months or have 100 posts...I only have 3250 posts and almost 4 years, can I join? :cheers:

Thanks for doing this! If I had a game I would throw it in, but I don't :( (At least not one as a gift option, and I don't think you can take games from your library and gift them, even ones you never installed/played)