D3bruts1d

posey

how many computers are you running seti on?

I noticed you jumped almost 100 WU in one day.

I thought about doing that last year when I was working on the network in a school system. 6 schools total, something like 750+ computers.

That would of been sweet! ;)

hah yeah it would!

However, I don't think I would ever do it after reading in the news about a guy using 100 computers at his work to run seti@home on the weekends when the servers weren't being used..

He was caught and was fired, after working there for like 15 years :/

hehe... :P:D

I am in charge of training some of the people at the facility I work at on a new program... because we were not able to reserve the "computer rooms" there, we moved off site to a local collage campus... I've been training there for two months or so, and during this time the school has contracted me to be kind of an "on-call support person".... This gave me access to every computer at this campus

That's the thing... I can't be fired, since I don't technically work for them.... they can terminate my contract, big deal.... as for me being there, we've leased this computer lab from this school for the next 6 months, and I am the only one that knows this program well enough to train it, other than some of the programmers.

And this school needs the money we are dishing out to them, so they won't drop the contract we have. :P I think we are giving them new PCs when we are done.

Would that be wrong of me to just start puttin the command line version of seti on random ppl's comps and like at school and stuff? that'd be pretty sweet if I went around to like 300 ppl and ran it on their comp w/ out them knowing and got like the most wu's.... heh