Do you hate your job?

InCrYsIs

Do you hate your job?  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Do you hate your job?

This is a real simple poll. Do you hate your job? I will start it off by saying when the alarm goes off I want to puke. I make good money and I work for the state which provides good benefits but my boss is a bitter POS who thinks he is funny but is rather annoying and insulting. The research scientists are arrogant and full of themselves. The administrative staff is bitter because they have to deal with the arrogant research scientists and in turn piss me off.

The model makes no sense. We waste money for the sake of wasting money. We do things that are counter productive becasue we lack the ability to make policies and enforce them......and on and on.

Feel free to post your workplace feelings good or bad.

BTW. I work in the IT Department.

Yes before you flame me I know I can quit but the job market in Vegas is terrible and I am aiming to move out of state late next year or early 2014.

Edited by InCrYsIs

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I work at school :P And its actually not that bad ...

:mfp:

Wait until you get out of middle school.

Edited by Onion

I have the best job ever (hotel front desk), I work the graveyard shift and it's so relaxing most slow nights I can sleep half of my shift, the lesast I've ever slept is 1-2 hours. Then the rest I can watch movies, play pc games, and even have friends hang out with me and watch tv. It's the dream job but I couldn't make a living on it at $9 so eventually I'll hafta give it up

I actually like my job for the most part... its 5 hours a day and pays 8.00hr but I aint there for the money.... the time I do hate it is when they hire lazy ass young kids who dont want to work and they think they are working... I've had to weed a few of them out

I like my job, moved up 3 times in the last year and I choose my own hours, but I have to work 40-50 hours a week, because I am now a manager.

Edited by Black64

Get back to us when you get out of high school. :lol:

IC - where do you work?

I work here: http://www.dri.edu

Don't stalk me Waco.

I actually recently got a huge raise and moved up 3 grades. Was a grade 29 and now I am a 35. It goes it two step increments 29-31 31-33 etc. Pay increase was arount 7500 a year. Money DOES NOT cure everything.

I should have been a 31 after year 1 and a 33 after year 2 but my lazy obnoxious boss didn't feel like doing paperwork. I should be a 37 now. But this is all state job jargon that some might not understand.

Oh I guess there is another thing I left out, by nature I am a leader not a follower. I have been a manager before. I really don't like following especially when the person I am following does not lead by example and is very lazy. I also failed to mention my boss is a closet homosexual (confirmed by accident by another employee he is friends with). I have no problem with homosexuals BTW but it might explain why he is so bitter.

Edited by InCrYsIs

I could take it or leave it. My job isn't the worst out there but it's far from being the best. Much of the problem with it lies with who all work this kind of job. I'm just a temp worker through Manpower at a factory, and Manpower is a seriously screwed up group of people, people you don't want a job with and would only have one with when it's your only option. Along side that, it's temp worker stuff, and they'll hire just about anybody for it, so I work with a lot of lazy young kids with a sense of entitlement, and a lot of adults that have always been stuck in general labor jobs and whine about how so and so treats them badly or have been treated unfairly in the past, and just a lot of general no good people that you wouldn't probably wouldn't give your real address to if they asked for it.

Now I say all this bad stuff, but overall, I rather enjoy my job right now, it's very simple work, and if you can ignore the work place politics, gossip, filthy mouths, whatever, you never really have anything to get stressed out about. Probably the biggest thing about this job that could bother a person, pay just isn't that great and Manpower takes a huge cut from what we actually earn, considering how hard we work. Personally, the thing I don't like about the job is the hours, it's a full time job and I'm not in need of 40 hours a week, nor do I want that many.

I love my job, I hate my hours, and should make more than I am, but hopefully the company valuation skyrockets. Money isn't that important for me, but it is nice to have.