cpu cooler fan stops

It sounds like it is doing what it should, but there should be a setting on the mb or in the software where you can set the lowest rpm's instead of shutting down completely. I know I'd be happier knowing my cpu fan was at least turning at 500 rpm's at all times.:biggrin:

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm assuming this all starts after you reseated your Cooler? What utilities did you install? I'm not very familiar with Gigabyte utilities..

i cant recall which utilities i installed.. since i just inserted the gigabyte disc and let it run.. i did the "Recommended Settings" soo... im trying to figure this out.

in the meantime im keeping prime95 running.... that keeps the cpu fan "on"

UPDATE!

i went with something i found online. what i did was unplug the fan from the cpu fan on the motherboard. and connected it to system fan... now its on 100% thats that.. but now im wondering about longterm issues... what do u guys think?

for now i at least can keep the computer running.

Long term issues? You are using the system header supposed to the CPU header and you have it set to 100% I see no issues.

However if you wanted something like cool 'n' quiet to work you would need to sort out your CPU fan header issues or use a piece of software like speed fan to appropriately assign temp control and sensors to fan headers you are using.

looking at OP's mobo manual, i'm a bit surprised that there's so much things to play around with his CPU fan. way different with mine (MSI).

fan.jpg

might be that software messed up what's in the BIOS settings? :dunno: what do you think?

Sounds to me like at idle with the various power saving settings kicking in the cooler does not need to fan to keep the base temp and so does what it is supposed to do and turn off the fan. 

Sounds to me like at idle with the various power saving settings kicking in the cooler does not need to fan to keep the base temp and so does what it is supposed to do and turn off the fan. 

Exactly. There's no issue here...

So you guys think i should reconnect it to the cpu port and look at the temps of the cpu? What temps do i not wanna pass? 60c?

Last night i was getting temps At about 40c at idle nothing opened but my browser

Edited by socialconflicts