cpu cooler fan stops

so my issue. i have a hyper 212 evo and when i boot the comp the fan is spinning. but after windows loads (i leave it plain just in windows mode without doing anything) the cpu fan stops spinning... any reason why this would happen?

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If it spins up when you fire up a game it's got to be some kind of software controlling it in Windows. Do you have all of your motherboard utilities installed? It could be one of them.

If I were you I would check to see if it is software that is making the fan stop,usually the software just slows down the rpm of the fan not stop it. You want to make sure it isn't a faulty fan or mb problem.:teehee:

No. The slow speed setting is just below where the fan will spin. I have my HTPC set up that way so it's only spinning when under load.

If you raise up the minimum speed/duty cycle on the CPU fan it'll stay running instead of stopping.

so the fan only seems to 'fail' when it reaches windows

i load it up, while in bios the fan is running as it should. when it reaches login screen, the fan is running as it should (the screen where i have my password to login) after that when windows loads 10 seconds after the full loading, the fan stops.

and i have the noise telling me 'fan fail' (fan stopped)

ima take out my cpu and put in my stock cpu and see how it handles then. if its fine after that i know it was a faulty cpu/cpu fan?

Edited by socialconflicts