El_Capitan's Xigmatek Elysium Worklog

El_Capitan

Bishop245 and Boinker are working on their Xigmatek Elysium build at the same time I am working on mine. I figure I'll finally start a worklog as this is going to be one interesting build for me.

First, I attached six spare NZXT fans in push/pull on a 120.3 radiator on the top with a used Swiftech MCR320-QP radiator I got for a really good deal. I also attached an 80mm fan on the top rear of the case where a PSU would go. All will be pushing outside the case, as the only intake I will have will be the side case 200mm fan. I also placed where my Blu-Ray Optical drive will go (using a standard DVD-RW drive as a placeholder). Above and below that will be two Dual Bay reservoirs that will have Swiftech MCP655-B pumps. It will take some maneuvering. On the back-side of the case, I attached a Scythe Slip Stream Slim SY1212SL12L 120mm fan to help cool the backside of the motherboard where the CPU will go.

dsc0005js.th.jpg

Second, I took apart the HDD cages. I will be using 2 Crucial M4 512GB's in RAID 0. So, I plan to attach my Swiftech MCR220-QP attached to just one HDD cage, and not using the 2nd that comes with the case. It's pretty sturdy. On it are four Xigmatek fans.

dsc0006mq.th.jpg

dsc0007wc.th.jpg

I installed the first dual-bay reservoir after attaching the SSD's to the HDD cage, and then attaching the HDD cage to the dual radiator. I'm able to screw in the HDD cage to the case, but not the dual-bay reservoir. That is held in place by the front of the radiator (I had to put it in first). I also attached fan protectors on the outer fans.

frontdualradiator.th.jpg

topdualradiator.th.jpg

sidedualradiator.th.jpg

insidedualradiator.th.jpg

reardualradiator.th.jpg

In order to fit a dual-bay reservoir, I needed to remove some of the 5.25" holders. Instead of using a rotary tool, I just kept bending the holders with a wrench until it got a clean break.

removingfordualbayreser.th.jpg

I finally got time to put everything together. Still no Epic Maingear T1000, yet, I want to see how well this thing cools before I use it for comparison's sake. Everything but the tubing and fan connections are in place. I plan to use the 120.4 with push/pull Noctua NF-P12's at 7V's for the motherboard and graphics cards, and the 120.2 and 120.3 for just the CPU. One other problem I have left is the front panel needing to be modified in order to fit around the 120.2 radiator. I'll get to that part last.

dsc0001afx.th.jpg

I decided to use two colored tubes. Red tubing to indicate one loop that goes from the 120.4 radiator to my motherboard and graphics cards, and Blue tubing to indicate the other loop that's dedicated to just the CPU with both the 120.3 and 120.2 rads.

dsc0001vus.th.jpg

Finally closed my system up with my side panel.

dsc0004yd.th.jpg

Next up will be my finished front panel with a video of my setup while running!

Edited by El_Capitan

TWO D5s? What blocks are you using that you need that much pump power? :lol: I guess it could be for redundancy as well. :P

Two separate loops. One for the CPU only, and the other for the motherboard and graphics cards.

Well, the only reason I'm doing it is to apply the Maingear Epic T1000. It's scary to have to put it on while the pump is off and nothing is getting cooled on a single loop. Plus, the i7 3930K gets pretty hot, and so does the HD 7970's when fully overclocked. Cooling will be substantially better than my main rig. I may switch my main rig and my secondary rig around after this.

Edited by El_Capitan

Technically bishop is running 2 loops but with a central res as the two pumps are housed to the same res. I know his loop looks very nice to say the least. Lol

Lol @ Waco. Still, I don't think there's any need for special TIM, either. My main system that's been up for 67 hours straight. I did some photo editing, work, and gaming and 62C's the highest it's gotten to. I'm just doing cuz I got a spare application to try it out on.

3930k.png

However, I do like the idea of two separate loops. I love how easy it is to change things around on my test bench, so I thought I'd do it on this upgrade build.

Edited by El_Capitan

hey el capitan. Not trying to be a jerk BUT...

Go buy a Different res for your system. That res will never bleed with its little design Flaws and it may Drive you Ape S knowing the noise levels you like.