information overload!

Hi Guys,

Been doing a lot of research but not finding a lot of answers. I am getting an i5 3750K and Nvidia GTX670 2GB OC and want to go the water cooling route on both. I want to use these components.....XSPC RayStorm D5 EX360 Water Cooling Kit + EK Full Cover VGA Block EK-FC680 GTX Plexi. So the question is, will the EX360 with push/pull be enough to cool both or should I add into the loop an XSPC EX240 Radiator as well?

Been trying to do thermal calculations, looking at FPI info, fan pressures/speeds, Delta T values....arggh!

My thoughts at this time, from what little info i have gathered is that the 360 rad should be enough. If I dont neeed the extra rad, it will help shave some money of my budget.

Please help

Cheers

Depends how far you want to overclock and what fans you use.

Naturally if you grab the second rad you could get away with lower speed quieter fans and save your ears but the single 360 should be alright for the CPU mildly overclocked and the GPU.

You may wanna look at the xspc raystorm GPU blocks too because then you could have a matching block to your CPU. With the light up plexi surround and black Alcatel.

It's only another $100 for the extra rad and fans and to be able to run things quietly I would go for it myself.

Edit: what case do you have?

Edit2: the switch 810 right and you are buying from aus stores?

Yeah, getting the NZXT Switch 810, want to go for a mild overclock. (Around 4.5Ghz) The XSPC RayStorm D5 EX360 Water Cooling Kit is actually one you recommended for me, lol. Getting stuff from PC Case Gear, in about a week. (with any luck)

Edit: You can see my wishlist on PC Case Gear, in the public section under Galaxyone

Edited by GalaxyOne

Yeah, getting the NZXT Switch 810, want to go for a mild overclock. (Around 4.5Ghz) The XSPC RayStorm D5 EX360 Water Cooling Kit is actually one you recommended for me, lol. Getting stuff from PC Case Gear, in about a week. (with any luck)

Edit: You can see my wishlist on PC Case Gear, in the public section under Galaxyone

Ditch the ram cooler all it will be is two annoying fans making unneeded noise.

in terms of the Coolermaster fans I have 8 of them in my pc haha and run them at 75% most of the time which is nice and quiet at full rpms they are a bit noisey and there are better alternatives especially for radiator fans you would want something with some better rpms.

I recommend ordering these fans for the rads. Better still grab the high speed and use a controller but it up to you.

http://www.gammods.com.au/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_121&products_id=505

will cost you about a $100 for both rads and shipping tho, however compared to other fans you could buy it's much better performance, noise and value.

Actually just had a look and it appears XSPC have really upped the game with stock fans and their fans offer virtually on par performance with the yate loons for temps and noise.

in which case it would be only 7 fans at ~$6 each + $10-15 shipping meaning tops about $55

http://www.gammods.com.au/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_121&products_id=4841

The ones in the kit are the 1650rpm ones