Tjj226_Angel

I hate weather, but I love japan!

Soooooooo we had a freak storm about 3 hours ago and one our our trees broke and smashed in our car. I was actually standing underneath the tree collecting some potted plats for my mom and this massive just of wind just split the tree in half.

Thankfully I have watched enough tom an jerry cartoons in my life to know to get out of the way of a falling tree, but the toyota avalon was not so fortunate.

The rain died down after about 30 minutes so we decided to go inspect the damage. We have a two car garage and the opening is about 8 feet tall and about 15 feel wide. We opened up the garage door and we see nothing but a wall of leaves from the fallen down branch.

We actually are forced to use the front door and we realize that not only 1 branch fell on the car or something simple, but half the tree apparently broke off in sections and buried the car.

My friend pulled off one of the branches to give us room to get out via the garage, and then it was my friend, his brother my sister, her friend, my mom and myself trying to get all the debris off. After about an hour of chopping, sawing and hauling we finally see the car.

There are only 2 things wrong with it. A busted wind shield and a very small (less than the size of a gameboy color cartridge and extremely shallow) dent on the hood of the car. Keep in mind that the main branch that fell on the roof of the car is so heavy that even after sawing off some minor limbs and such it still took all 5 of us to move off.

We stood in amazement just how little damage the car took compared to what we thought it should have been.

All I have to say is....You got to love Japanese cars. :D

(My friend took some pics with his Iphone, and I am going to try and upload them. Wish me luck trying to figure out the stupid apple device tomorrow :lol: )

The moral is not to love Japanese cars, but thank your structure for stopping the force of the tree before it totally demolished you car, lol. :thumbsup:

Must have been a Bradford pear tree

It actually was some sort of flowering pear tree :lol:

I have been helping my mom move the debris to the dump so I haven't had time to figure this out, if you guys want to see the pics faster, please direct me to the person I need to get in touch with to donate some money for more upload space.

Oh those bradford pears. I don't know how they survive as a species when they are so likely to split down the middle during a wind storm D:

I have been trying to get the pics off my camera for the past couple of days, but it keeps telling me that my pc does not recognize my camera. :vmad: :vmad: :vmad:

Any ideas on how to get my camera (cannon rebel XSI) to talk to my PC? (It is the same issue on every pc in the house.....I swear if it is not a problem with my house it is a problem with my pc :doh: )

Spend $5 and get a cheap USB SD Card reader if you don't have one and don't gave a laptop with an SD Card reader.

I can't remember the last time I actually plugged a camera in to transfer photos, so much quicker and easier to take the directly from the SD Card

Spend $5 and get a cheap USB SD Card reader if you don't have one and don't gave a laptop with an SD Card reader.

I can't remember the last time I actually plugged a camera in to transfer photos, so much quicker and easier to take the directly from the SD Card

That, and it wont use your camera's battery.

I figured as much. I will be getting a SD card reader at best buy ( :sick: ) tomorrow then. Hopefully it won't fail like the last one. Already up to 21 failed USB devices this year (don't ask me how many RMAs I have had to do :lol: )