Muchoman1

Error 0x80070057 when installing windows 7

Thanks for the additional info Mucho. Here is what I'd try..........

Download the free version of Parted Magic that includes a built in secure erase utility and a friendly GUI

http://partedmagic.com/doku.php

Follow the secure erase tutorial here;

http://www.overclock.net/t/1227597/how-to-secure-erase-your-solid-state-drive-ssd-with-parted-magic (sorry for the redirect guys - but this is simply the best tutorial out there for the this operation IMHO)

This will completely erase all the blocks on the SSD - everything except those reserved for over-provisioning. This is accomplished through an actual flash of the memory blocks. It wipes everything.

Your SSD will be back in factory OEM state at this point. Try the installation again using best practices i.e. no other hard drives attached etc.

What wev said. I had to do that with one of my drives as well. It would show up properly, I could use it in Windows, but Windows wouldn't install to it. I fired up Parted Magic, removed all volumes on the drive, then did a secure erase. It worked perfectly after that. :)

NP - good luck and keep us posted. I'm pretty confident that our last recommendations will cure your ills.

ok, overslept a little, about to boot from my parted magic USB, hopefully this works

Ok, so this is being a real issue. The motherboard in my itx system is the portwell Wade 8011, its a server motherboard for the 1155 socket.

When I try install windows onto a working corsiar ssd, it will say I need drivers for the cd/dvd drive, if I install windows 7 onto a working ssd on another computer, then put it in the portwell system, it will recognize the drive in bios but will not boot from it

I am completely stuck here, and it's really . me off

Um...download the drivers for the chipset? If Windows doesn't have them, it won't install or boot...

After a couple of hours of searching, I cannot find the drivers for it.

Can anyone find anything?

Motherboard is portwell Wade 8011

I have tried everything in their driver folder for this

Mucho, do you have the option to boot from a USB drive? If so install Windows from the USB instead of attempting to install from the CD/DVD. Most motherboards support USB 2.0 without needing any additional drivers. I do all of my Windows 7 installs from USB. So much faster.

Ok, so this is being a real issue. The motherboard in my itx system is the portwell Wade 8011, its a server motherboard for the 1155 socket.

When I try install windows onto a working corsiar ssd, it will say I need drivers for the cd/dvd drive, if I install windows 7 onto a working ssd on another computer, then put it in the portwell system, it will recognize the drive in bios but will not boot from it

I am completely stuck here, and it's really . me off

that doesnt sound right....

you've got the Boot order in the Bios for Hard Drive first? you may have to change it from the default

I agree with Wevsspot... try installing from USB stick... I use Kingston Data Travlers for mine and the instruction are all over the web for installing Windows via USB... if that doesnt work i'd say there is a possible issue with your board. whether it's a CMOS issue or memory or the board is bad

Ok, its telling me I need sata drivers, i tried the ones from portwell and the system rejected them. I cannot find ones from intel. Can anyone provide a link?