PC wont boot with 2 sticks of ram

how can it be a bad slot if this was happening and i replaced the motherboard and its still happening

The same motherboard from RMA, or a different motherboard? I've had a motherboard RMA'd with a SATA problem, and when I got it back from RMA, the problem still existed. After I sent it back the second time, it was fixed.

The same motherboard from RMA, or a different motherboard? I've had a motherboard RMA'd with a SATA problem, and when I got it back from RMA, the problem still existed. After I sent it back the second time, it was fixed.

i had the problem so they gave me a brand new same brand and model motherboard

I'm sure I had a mobo with channel options, but so long ago now.. It would seem likely that as Waco suggested, the problem lies with the CPU. As suggested, try increasing the juice.

i tried that and both work on the first slot fine but the second it does not work alone or together with the first the comp wont even boot. i wouldnt say the slot is the problem because i thought it was so i replaced the motherboard and the problem persists

I'd agree with you it sounds like the second slot is not acting proplerly id exchange the board with another one just like it or get a refund...

where did you get that craptacular memory?

are you trying to reuse it from an old motherboard?

get rid of it or at least find someone with a working board to test it properly before blaming the motherboard

where did you get that craptacular memory?

are you trying to reuse it from an old motherboard?

get rid of it or at least find someone with a working board to test it properly before blaming the motherboard

i got it at microcenter and as ive already said .... it had this problem b4 and when i got it replaced the problem persisted

just read the specs on that mb, looks like it only supports 667 and 800 mhz, is it possible your memory is running at a different speed, some boards are very picky about compatable sticks.

according to the OP's given RAM specs, they are; http://www.amazon.com/s?ie=UTF8&keywords=1gb%202rx8%20pc2%205300u%20555%2012%20e3&rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3A1gb%202rx8%20pc2%205300u%20555%2012%20e3&page=1

Motherboard and memory in-compatibility issues are a reality

people new to computers dont realize how nice they have it nowadays

anyway, two bad motherboards seems pretty far fetched to me

it could happen but whenever you have a problem with memory - you should first blame the memory

especially when you have DDR2 memory that can be found in 5 year old Dell computers that sells for 12$ on ebay

if you did already RMA for a 3rd motherboard I would like to know if you get the computer working