PC wont boot with 2 sticks of ram

i recently got a msi-nf725gtm-p31 (ms-7309) motherboard and have 2 identical (2x-1g) 2rx8 pc2 5300u 555 12 ram sticks and when i put one in it boots fine but when they are both put in together the computer wont boot. ive already tried changing the voltage but it does not help.

try putting 1 stick in at a time and run memtest on it ,then try the other stick, if it passes put 1 stick in different memory slots and see if the slots are all working, then try the 2 sticks with different voltages or just use default volts set to auto.

i tried that and both work on the first slot fine but the second it does not work alone or together with the first the comp wont even boot. i wouldnt say the slot is the problem because i thought it was so i replaced the motherboard and the problem persists

Dead second channel on the CPU's memory controller?

See if you can disable dual-channel mode with only one stick in, then install the second stick. I don't think it'd fix it if the second channel is completely dead though. You could try boosting the IMC voltage a few notches to see if it starts working again.

Dead second channel on the CPU's memory controller?

See if you can disable dual-channel mode with only one stick in, then install the second stick. I don't think it'd fix it if the second channel is completely dead though. You could try boosting the IMC voltage a few notches to see if it starts working again.

how would i disable dual channel mode?

You might not be able to, especially on an older board. I know some boards do have the option though...

if i would be able to how would i do it. if i cant what else can i do to try to get it working again?

Can you verify that the second channel you're putting the second stick into is the correct one? The memory slots are usually color coded.

Also check to make sure there's nothing in the second slot, like lint or broken plastic, etc.