Anyone have a Gigabyte G1.Assassin2 and i7-3820?

verefx

Boinker that is some excellent advice. Definitely worthy of going into an updated Overclocking FAQ!

Thank you airman. Ill try to put it into a better format so it can be used well.

Hey verefx. What happens above 4.30 ghz?? If you are getting a bsod code 101 then it needs a voltage tickle. I like to move it up in .010 intervals. Another question are you leaving the voltage at 1.220 or have you raised it back to 1.250 like normal???

Also. One thing to take into account on that i7 the core voltage increases slightly automatically through the system when the normal or turbo multi is raised or lowered. I think its like 0.010 but it is noticeable your board may be able to turn that off but it will be best to have it on auto or enabled for best results.

How long under prime 95 will it run? And does it bsod or does it just Prime95 error? Just and fyi though Im not sure if it will work but for 24/7 hours stable @ 4,30 on my setup i have to run the core voltage at 1.30v. System agent at 1.100, and the system pll at 1.830

and also once tout get it stabler we can work up the turbo multi to its limit value or to where you are comfortable. But 4.30ghz is still a 1.10ghz overclock from factory so you are doing very well here.

Let me know what else you want to do and we can start moving it up. :D