Boinker

About pulled a Waco

It was probably just a loose connection, but 200 watts is well over what a single 8 pin connector (especially one of dubious quality) is designed to handle. :P

Congrats boinker on having better smelling capability.

And yes, you have failed.

If there's no fire, you not doing it right. tongue.gif

:rofl:

And, how in the world I miss the live posting sequence? That would have enable me to extract more fun out of this thread.

On a serious note, 200Watt? And that too in a single 12V board?? You should reduce the amount of overclocking.

If it makes you feel any better I almost pulled a Waco with my car on Tuesday. I was wiring up an amplifier for a planned stereo install...and as soon as I put the power line fuse in the amp blew up its pair of 25 amp fuses and nearly started a fire. :teehee: I had to pull it apart to repair it because it instantly blew a second set of fuses too. :lol:

Turns out it got damaged somehow in storage (3 years under my bed essentially) and a couple of things on the board burned out. 650 watts dumping through a tiny fuse makes fun smells and interesting lights. :lol:

If it makes you feel any better I almost pulled a Waco with my car on Tuesday. I was wiring up an amplifier for a planned stereo install...and as soon as I put the power line fuse in the amp blew up its pair of 25 amp fuses and nearly started a fire. :teehee: I had to pull it apart to repair it because it instantly blew a second set of fuses too. :lol:

Turns out it got damaged somehow in storage (3 years under my bed essentially) and a couple of things on the board burned out. 650 watts dumping through a tiny fuse makes fun smells and interesting lights. :lol:

:pfp:

You are too dangerous to work with electronics.

And that you had done with your car, it was, really dangerous. And I'm not joking at this moment.

And that you had done with your car, it was, really dangerous. And I'm not joking at this moment.

What? :blink:

It is amazing how much magic smoke they can put in electronics these days.

No it wasn't.

If he neglected to fuse his power wire and use something a few gauges too small that would be.

An internal short in an amp isn't his fault, just bad luck. The safety circuit's still worked so nothing caught fire and all was ok.

No it wasn't.

If he neglected to fuse his power wire and use something a few gauges too small that would be.

An internal short in an amp isn't his fault, just bad luck. The safety circuit's still worked so nothing caught fire and all was ok.

This. Everything was properly fused and grounded. If I'd done that improperly it would have been dangerous. :lol: