Sign in to follow this  
panjang110

gtx 570

i've been waiting forever to upgrade my old gtx260 and i don't wanna wait anymore, so is gtx570 a good upgrade? i know gtx660 is just around corner but all rumor points out that it's going to be a $300 card which is way out of my budget. the 570 i'm going to buy from a friend is just 6month old and still under warranty. i want to consider 7850 as an option but i've been having nightmare with amd driver and now that they are not going to release monthly driver is really bugging me :glare:

i play games at 1080p and i play skyrim and diablo 3 most of the times

I still have a GTX 570. At stock, it's okay, and wouldn't be able to play most games at the highest setting at 1920 x 1200, but once I overclocked mine on water to 950MHz Core Clock with 1100mV's, it has no trouble at all at highest settings.

I got the GTX570 and it's nice and cuddly. My wife has my old 260 and that is still running happily.

Edited by clownshoes

I got the MSI GeForce GTX 570 Twin Frozr III Power Edition OC 1.28GB DDR5 320-bit and it runs everything maxed out at 1920x1080(average fps 45-50), the only exception is the ubersampling in The Witcher 2.The developer says this is intended only for those with both the best possible CPU and GPU available when game was released (X4 980 / i7 980X and 6990 / 590).

I got the MSI GeForce GTX 570 Twin Frozr III Power Edition OC 1.28GB DDR5 320-bit and it runs everything maxed out at 1920x1080(average fps 45-50).

I love that card, great card for overclocking. Only downside is small VRAM amount and fan can get LOUD.

I got the MSI GeForce GTX 570 Twin Frozr III Power Edition OC 1.28GB DDR5 320-bit and it runs everything maxed out at 1920x1080(average fps 45-50), the only exception is the ubersampling in The Witcher 2.The developer says this is intended only for those with both the best possible CPU and GPU available when game was released (X4 980 / i7 980X and 6990 / 590).

that is the 570 i'm going to buy

I love that card, great card for overclocking. Only downside is small VRAM amount and fan can get LOUD.

The VRAM is ok for a single monitor setup & games released so far.

The fan never gets to 100% speed, just looked at the GPU Meter while playing Max Payne 3 and the fan was at 60%.

A GTX570 is a great card! Its very powerful and should give you good frame rates in every game at max settings. My 5870 will handle anything maxed at 1920x1080 although games like Metro and Crysis are in the 30's the whole time. Under $300, the GTX570 is the best card available.

I have 3 evga gtx570's they are a bit flakey when trying to sli them but perform excellent in comparison to my old gtx275

It's a great card, how much are you getting it from him for??

Nothing wrong with the MSI card but I'd still save up some scratch & hold out a little longer for the GTX 660 but thats just me.