wildman2

decent microphone

Looking for a reasonably cheap microphone for my pc.One that don't sound like crap in other words.Probably be used with Skype or some similar program.

Edited by wildman2

Hmm , well logitech I'd cheap and alright. I haven't used any other brand in a while. Just don't get the Logitech mic , it just ecos and is waste of $10

Edited by hornybluecow

Hmm , well logitech I'd cheap and alright. I haven't used any other brand in a while. Just don't get the Logitech mic , it just ecos and is waste of $10

I tried a Logitech desktop mic once and regretted it :-/

Were you wanting a desktop mic or a lapel clip-on mic?

Mod Mic from AntLion...its pretty awesome if you're looking to continue using your headphones. I bet you could set it up to mount to your desk or monitor too if you're looking to go that route...

I think it sells for around $35...not sure what your budget is.

Don't really have a budget in mind.But $100.00 for just a mic don't seem cost affective.(wildly high number off of top of head) Don't use headphones,I use a 500 watt receiver from Kenwood and 5.1 surround speakers with a Sony sub woofer for sound.That said, would a noise canceling mic be preferred?Or would either a seperate headphones and mic or mic headphone combo be the way to go. $35.00 is well within the budget.Got a pretty big monitor, may not fit unless it has some sort of sticky pad or whatnot. Never heard of a Mod Mic from AntLion.Where can I get one or see specs on one and reviews?Newegg?

Had a Logitech one yrs ago sounded like I was talking into cup and a string.Hollow, tinny just plain bad to be honest.Got a nasally voice to begin with and don't want to make it sound even worse than it is hehehe. Thx for any input