Who's into drifting?

MJCRO

Lowering is fine as long as you don't compromise the suspension geometry. Lower center of gravity and turning center are generally good things. :P

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lowering is fine as long as you don't compromise the suspension geometry. Lower center of gravity and turning center are generally good things. :P

My point is that it shouldn't be done for the sake of lowering, but rather to improve handling. For example, my mustang is very low, but it also handles a lot better than stock with the new springs and sway bars. Soon to be bushings, shocks, and struts. :D

Yeah my ride was stiff as a raging boner. Even though I didnt drift with it, I tracked it a few times.

front strut bar, rear strut bar, lower tie bar and semi-solid diff bushings haha

FCs are indeed a great platform...so easy to work on, and just overall good looking.

First sentence, lol'd.

I thought Mustangs tended to go into pretty serious negative camber when lowered more than an inch or so? Or did the previous owner install camber plates to fix that?

Anyway - I'm actually tearing apart the suspension on the Miata now to do tie rod ends and ball joints. I'm debating just going ahead and doing the shocks/springs while I have it apart so I only need to get it aligned once...

I thought Mustangs tended to go into pretty serious negative camber when lowered more than an inch or so? Or did the previous owner install camber plates to fix that?

Anyway - I'm actually tearing apart the suspension on the Miata now to do tie rod ends and ball joints. I'm debating just going ahead and doing the shocks/springs while I have it apart so I only need to get it aligned once...

I think he took care of it, the car has been dropped 1.5 inches up front and the camber doesn't seem weird. Handles pretty good, too.

If I were you I'd just do it all at once. Save yourself time, money, and effort.

A little negative camber isn't bad at all.. it actually can help with cornering when applied correctly. But yeah crazy amounts is only for show guys lol2.gif. None of those dudes drive their rides like that daily. It's only for meets and shows when they whip out the crazy slant camber plates.

For a daily offset camber ride, I'd have the car at like ~1.0% like this.

But I'm not doing that with my car.

DSC00715.jpg

Edited by MJCRO

A little negative camber isn't bad at all.. it actually can help with cornering when applied correctly. But yeah crazy amounts is only for show guys lol2.gif. None of those dudes drive their rides like that daily. It's only for meets and shows when they whip out the crazy slant camber plates.

For a daily offset camber ride, I'd have the car at like ~1.0% like this.

But I'm not doing that with my car.

DSC00715.jpg

That looks ok. Not my taste though, but not too bad. And of course, Florida plates. :lol:

Here's what I like. :D This is actually a car from the club I'm in.

DSC05626.jpg

gray-mustang-rear.jpg

Ooh, slammed one looks decent.

bagged_Cobra_cover.jpg

bagged_Cobra_1.jpg

Edited by Onion