• Married
    • Engaged
    • Dating
    • Single
    • Forever alone
    • Divorced
    • Widow/widower
    • Remarried

Gold digging, I could probably stretch to small amounts of copper :D In terms of being an adult human, age gaps are prevalent to my age old principles of lust (good choon). I would have dismissed this and chose another target, due to the age gap rendering a relationship impossible just because my mind saw it as a shag only. Now I am having to entertain thoughts of lust with the fact that, well, I actually fancy her something chronic. However, the human side of says no, just leave it, stick to the moral thoughts that she is just too young. Bloody hell, I am somewhat confused and oh bloody hell :blush:

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Age is just a number. I know 30 year olds that act like they're 15 and 15 year olds that are more mature than some adults.

So true. Guess I will have to man up more then and ask. Thanks :)

Edited by Transk53

What moral issue? When did getting older change your status as an adult human?

Just because you are above the age of 18 or even 21 means that you loose touch with your frontal lobe. Just because you are an adult doesn't mean you can just go out with whom ever you set your sights on. There is definitely a political hierarchy to the situation.

If that is too cryptic for you, then get this....it would be VERY weird as a 24 year old girl to be asked to coffee by a person who is as old as your dad. It would be one thing if these two people have known each other for a while and actually had some sort of relationship together, but from what I gather, the entire point of this person's attraction to this girl is purely physical. To me, that is a poor reason to be attracted to other people. There is always a chance that their personality can severely outweigh their appearance. Not that I am saying it is a bad thing to observe another person's beauty, but rather that it probably isn't the only thing you should base any course of action on.

So in the end you are left with the OPTION to ask her out, but it would probably be a smarter decision not to.

The morality issue I have stems from the fact that I have witnessed how guys will rate girls like a piece of meat and if they are above "an 8" they will talk to them. I personally think it is very disrespectful to judge someone like that, and and then try to start a relationship in that fashion seems a bit crude. However, this is also the first time where I would say that I am only stating my opinion and it is still up to whoever we are talking about to make the decision.

The morality issue I have stems from the fact that I have witnessed how guys will rate girls like a piece of meat and if they are above "an 8" they will talk to them. I personally think it is very disrespectful to judge someone like that, and and then try to start a relationship in that fashion seems a bit crude. However, this is also the first time where I would say that I am only stating my opinion and it is still up to whoever we are talking about to make the decision.

Women do it too just FYI.

Just because you are above the age of 18 or even 21 means that you loose touch with your frontal lobe. Just because you are an adult doesn't mean you can just go out with whom ever you set your sights on. There is definitely a political hierarchy to the situation.

If that is too cryptic for you, then get this....it would be VERY weird as a 24 year old girl to be asked to coffee by a person who is as old as your dad. It would be one thing if these two people have known each other for a while and actually had some sort of relationship together, but from what I gather, the entire point of this person's attraction to this girl is purely physical. To me, that is a poor reason to be attracted to other people. There is always a chance that their personality can severely outweigh their appearance. Not that I am saying it is a bad thing to observe another person's beauty, but rather that it probably isn't the only thing you should base any course of action on.

So in the end you are left with the OPTION to ask her out, but it would probably be a smarter decision not to.

I can't 100% agree, there has to be some physical draw to a person to deem them compatible. Maybe not an 8+ only but it still matters, a great personailty does add a significant portion to that number. I'm rather lenient on looks but hard on whether or not a girl can manage her weight, I'm not talking perfect hour glass but it tells me alot about how much they respect themselves...and how much self control they possess.

Good points all. I'll qualify my earlier point by saying age makes no difference when it comes to an emotional connection between two humans. If the attraction is just physical, there could be an issue with a more experienced person taking advantage of one less so. If looking for a potential mate, getting to know a person better without regard for age difference doesn't have to imply any sort of commitment, just 2 people having coffee.

it would be VERY weird as a 24 year old girl to be asked to coffee by a person who is as old as your dad.

Also this is because our society has made us want to think this. We're also told now that unless a girl is 18 she is off limits. Even though in most states the age of consent is 16. And it wasn't uncommon for girls younger than 16 to be married to much older men years and years ago. So why now is it frowned upon or illegal? Just saying that what you find weird and what someone else finds weird just might not be the same. So you wouldn't go out with someone twice your age? Like 36 (you're 18 I believe)? What you don't like milfs? :P

Also this is because our society has made us want to think this. We're also told now that unless a girl is 18 she is off limits. Even though in most states the age of consent is 16. And it wasn't uncommon for girls younger than 16 to be married to much older men years and years ago. So why now is it frowned upon or illegal? Just saying that what you find weird and what someone else finds weird just might not be the same. So you wouldn't go out with someone twice your age? Like 36 (you're 18 I believe)? What you don't like milfs? :P

20 actually, but close enough.

I do actually agree with you there on a personal level. But even if we could protest that ideal on the national media, I don't think our world would change in the slightest. It gets into the whole argument of what things should be and what they are, and I can tell you from expierience that it DOES suck to be caught in the middle of that argument.

I think I just have enough friends at the age of 24 to be able to picture it in my head. Let me put it this way, either she is going to be a 1 in a million girl who is extremely open minded, or she is going to be about average and will be very scared by the offer to go to coffee. Hell I ask girls from my own age group to go to coffee and they act like I am going to rape them. I can only imagine what it would be like in this situation.

But hey, I am not going to stop people from chasing others (....legally) . All I can say is I would have rather found a person closer to my age group with a little more maturity, and hopefully a couple more stories to share than someone like the hundreds of girls I go to school with. :dunno:

And no, I don't care for that genre of human relationship. My general cut off is 4 years older who looks 26 or 27 if they look a lot younger. I think about who I know who is 36 and all that comes to mind is :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: