UPS what are your thoughts on them

^^ So, do you, yourself use any UPS?

A simple voltage stabilizer will do the same work too.

I have 8 of them.

All different sizes depending on the need, smallest unit is a 550VA most of them are over a 1000VA.

Brown outs are the worst, so many good things get blown when that happens.

I like the UPS because I like the insurance behind their products as well that helps me sleep at night :)

Thanks everyone ... i'll definately get one pretty soon . So do you recommend a 1000VA UPS? my PSU is 850w plus two 23 inch montiors . Im guessing 1000VA should be enough to run them ?

The idea of a ups in the event of a blackout is to enable you to shut down safely not to continue using your pc as were previously.

Depending how much time you want and how much stuff you have running would determin the ups size.

The one you selected would be fine to use and it comes with USB connectivity which is good because in the event of fluctuating power or power outage it can automatically shut down or hibernate your pc.

Yep I don't plan to continue it when it starts to black out . I 'd shut it down immediately. This UPS only have about 3 mins so that should be enough time for me to shut it down .....that is if I'm at the computer ..........

cheers guys and girls

Yep I don't plan to continue it when it starts to black out . I 'd shut it down immediately. This UPS only have about 3 mins so that should be enough time for me to shut it down .....that is if I'm at the computer ..........

cheers guys and girls

The USB connectivity I mentioned.

The ups in conjunction with it's own software package can automatically shut down in the event of power outage.

You don't need to be at the pc.

• Like 1

would this suitable enough for my PC ... my psu is 850w and runs twin 23 monitors......I'm guessing i would need to find over 850w UPS to run these machines . am i right ?

http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=15_1120&products_id=19497

yay or nay ?

I'm almost one week late in posting (thanks to my very tight schedule in uni) but I should mention that the linked UPS config looks good. Although backup time will totally depend on the battery inside it.