Bosco's Mustang Log

Bosco

But sound clips never do the real thing justice lol

Btw, I'm sided with the lightweight fast car fans here :D

Wish I had a house and established with a real job so I could turbo my saturn like this guy (I've seen some turbo saturn builds hit 460HP, that's in a 2300lb body with light weight reduction like mine gentlemen):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tA9Hxlfmn4

Yeah that SL2 is Ian's.. I was friends with him back when I was part of the TurboSaturn community..

I had a Turbo Saturn SW2. Super 60 Turbo only had it running at 5PSI though.

For some reason I cannot find any photo's with the Turbo installed on the car.

Go ahead and make fun of the blue rims.

207696_1016428944323_3901_n.jpg

Turbo.

206448_1016427744293_9506_n.jpg

Homemade Gauge Pod

197952_1016424424210_7399_n.jpg

199636_1016424304207_6796_n.jpg 47527_1489259244785_5124555_n.jpg

Megasquirt

41019_1489259324787_2795940_n.jpg

Never got it dyno'ed and I ended up selling all the parts off of it. The car sits in a wrecking yard now I think 3 years ago now I got hit by a drunk driver and totaled it.

I am still part of the Saturn Club though I have a 06' Saturn ION Redline (Supercharged). Car is a piece of junk though all the suspension crap on it breaks all the time.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yeah that SL2 is Ian's.. I was friends with him back when I was part of the TurboSaturn community..

I had a Turbo Saturn SW2. Super 60 Turbo only had it running at 5PSI though.

For some reason I cannot find any photo's with the Turbo installed on the car.

Go ahead and make fun of the blue rims.

PICTURE

Turbo.

PICTURE

Homemade Gauge Pod

PICTURE

PICTURE

Megasquirt

PICTURE

Never got it dyno'ed and I ended up selling all the parts off of it. The car sits in a wrecking yard now I think 3 years ago now I got hit by a drunk driver and totaled it.

I am still part of the Saturn Club though I have a 06' Saturn ION Redline (Supercharged). Car is a piece of junk though all the suspension crap on it breaks all the time.

Haha yeah I remember we were talking about Saturns before, did that 5psi seem to make a nice difference?? What'd all your turboing cost ya?? I guess you didn't tweak any internals for that small of boost

isnt that the car you drove to bama when we first me Psy minus the rims

Yes! It was the beast I drove down there to the OCC LAN.

That thing was the little Engine that could going through all those mountain areas in Tenn. Haha!!

Haha yeah I remember we were talking about Saturns before, did that 5psi seem to make a nice difference?? What'd all your turboing cost ya?? I guess you didn't tweak any internals for that small of boost

Yeah 5PSI was a nice kick in the pants for the ride.

As airman said it probably was only 50-70HP but you sure could feel it. It was very sporty. I bet was sitting around 150hp.

I did rebuild the head I used a carbide cutting tool on the dremel to port out the exhaust manifold but other than that everything was stock which is really the only reason I stuck at 5PSI.

Those piston and rods (mostly rods) could only handle about up to 200HP before they bent.

Oh, the cost... That was pretty long ago.. I think were talking 2005 so I don't quite recall. I think I sold the manifold+turbo for 300-500 bucks. I bought that log style manifold that you normally see. I remember that I spent more on the setup than I got back for it when I sold it all.. After drain lines and AN fittings intercooler and what not I bet I spent between 1000-1200. I got the intercooler on ebay for like 80 bucks.. Everything I got was pretty much used stuff I did not buy anything new because it was the first time I had ever built any of this junk before and I was not even sure if it was going to work haha!

Long live megasquirt! I have the MSPNP2 box. I love it. 5 psi would have added a good 50-70hp or so, sounds like a fun little car

The Megasquirt was the coolest thing I had ever done in a car I think. I learned how to do spark timing and fuel tables. You appreciate a car so much more when you see what all is actually involved to make one run.

I had a really cool transmission build thread on plastikracing and I thought sixthsphere.com. It was when I converted from Auto to Manual. It looks like those websites don't exist anymore.

Sucks when those sites went down I lost all my photo's. I don't even have my transmission pictures anymore. I guess they were wrong. Once it's on the internet doesn't mean it's on here forever!

This is what I have on facebook for the trans. https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.1720706470821.90166.1633101886&type=3

Man I'd love a boost in power like that, it's not in the cards with me finally moving from county to a real Uni ($3600 -> $12000 means less fun in my life :( )

My little bolt-ons (OBX Header/Mild Exhaust porting/gasket matching, Ebay intake, lightweight flywheel) and sport suspension systems still make it alot more fun then any car I've driven around turns and I still have my Ninja for fun too. My SC2 is a fun DD even though I swapped in the MP2 (geared out version of the transmission from the SC1/SL1/SW1) the mods made it still peppier and it has great performance at higher speeds (the transmission has the same first two gears but the spread from 2nd to 3rd is where it bogs lightly but once it starts winding up the again it starts pulling decently for what it is), and now gives me 38-40MPG instead of mid to low 30s :). I love this car, just wish I opted for the sport clutch because the OEM clutch I used sucks as much as the old one and will slip like crazy if I shift up with alot of revs, really kills its acceleration potential.

Edited by IVIYTH0S

Sounds pretty bad ass! Those were great little cars with lots of potential. You know what you should do is put on a 12" to 18" glasspack and a flowmaster muffler. That thing will rumble and pop like a champ. Go with 2inch piping on them both. I think stock is 1.75" I could be wrong though it's been a while. It sounded pretty sick on mine. I got the glasspack on ebay pretty cheap and I think the flowmaster ended up being $50bucks as well.