My_Inner_Fred

Space, Advancement of humanity?

We humans are confined to this giant rock we call Earth. It's called our home for many, its where life thrives and life ends. We as human beings now have the power to destroy our home to the point it is uninhabitable. But we also have the ability to improve our home for the betterment of everyone living on it.

What if we as a human race set aside short term plans to fix our world economy? These short term plans cause either damage to our environment, other nations, or ourselves. What if we could get the many countries/nations of this world to band up together and look for a long term plan? Something we could focus on as a common goal? What if we make this common goal the first step in advancing the human race? Making space travel the basis of our world economy, increasing our knowledge and understanding of the vast universe that we dwell in?

It was once said by someone that our world will be destroyed by our own doing, if we do not learn from our mistakes. Have we really learned from our mistakes? Will we ever change for the better? It's either the human race increases so much in size to the point that the world can not provide enough resources and space for us, or we destroy ourselves before reach such a state. If we all work together to better our world with the mentality of doing it for not ourselves but for others, the place we call home would be a even better place to everyone on it. Quote from star trek "Space the final frontier" is in-fact quite accurate, If we enable commercial space travel, start deep space mining to obtain the resources that we need we could provide countless job opportunities. It would fix overpopulation issues, it would help the human race expand, their is so much out there we have yet to see, and experience. Will it ever be possible for us as human beings to set aside our differences and work together for a common goal without something forcing us to do so? If we accomplish things as a individual we rejoice with ourselves, but if we accomplish things as a whole we rejoice as a whole.

You reap what you sow, war will only breed war, death will bring more death. Look at the bigger picture, think less about your own personal gain and more about overall benefit to everyone as a whole. Don't look at everything just from your own point of view, be open minded. Get a better understanding of things before making your final judgement.

What if... what if we can make "what if" a reality? You can only bring a idea into fruition if you strive to make it a reality. Would you try?

I might be being too big of a dreamer here. Pardon me if I've said anything that may be offensive. I just thought all of this up after watching the video below. In fact this video somehow brought a tear to my eye. =P

What does OCC think?

EDIT: fixed some typos.

Edited by My_Inner_Fred

With the technology we have, we should already be a space faring race. But nope, politicians and banks are the ones that keep anything from happening.

I love it how sports players get exploited with multi-million dollar contracts because they can throw a ball or swing a bat, but when a scientist makes a breakthrough in something, others are eager to put him down immediately.

Humans are dumb, plain and simple.

Edited by MJCRO

With the technology we have, we should already be a space faring race. But nope, politicians and banks are the ones that keep anything from happening.

I love it how sports players get exploited with multi-million dollar contracts because they can throw a ball or swing a bat, but when a scientist makes a breakthrough in something, others are eager to put him down immediately.

:withstupid: I see I don't have to type anything lol

Which is quite disappointing.... I wonder how long it'll actually take before space travel accelerates...

As soon as it be becomes cheap enough for corporations to do it without government backing we'll see a huge explosion in space exploration. I hope, anyway. :lol:

Is it possible for the human race to reach a consensus on the conflicts and disagreements we have upon ourselves? Or will we always fight each other to prove our stance?

When will we get to the point war among ourselves is non-existent? Is it even possible to reach such a state?

Can we see a bigger picture with our two eyes, or are we always restricted to what our individual thoughts come up with?

Is it possible for the human race to reach a consensus on the conflicts and disagreements we have upon ourselves? Or will we always fight each other to prove our stance?

When will we get to the point war among ourselves is non-existent? Is it even possible to reach such a state?

Can we see a bigger picture with our two eyes, or are we always restricted to what our individual thoughts come up with?

You're kidding right? We have multiple war simulation games released each year, war is a popular thing and everyone loves it.

I believe the closest humans will ever get to ridding themselves of war is making real war into a game. At some point great first world nations will stop wanting to fight each other and instead will come together and agree on an idea that involves them making a game where they kill other people and not each other. Like say the US and the UK want to go to war with each other, they would agree on a set of rules and location, like say Nigeria (because we're all pretty sick of their email scams anyway), and the two nations would kill Nigerians instead of each other, whoever kills the most wins the war.

Obviously we have to get comfortable in space, to build Gundams we have to be able to manufacture materials in space.

You're kidding right? We have multiple war simulation games released each year, war is a popular thing and everyone loves it.

I believe the closest humans will ever get to ridding themselves of war is making real war into a game. At some point great first world nations will stop wanting to fight each other and instead will come together and agree on an idea that involves them making a game where they kill other people and not each other. Like say the US and the UK want to go to war with each other, they would agree on a set of rules and location, like say Nigeria (because we're all pretty sick of their email scams anyway), and the two nations would kill Nigerians instead of each other, whoever kills the most wins the war.

Eh I'm just a dreamer. dunno.gif

But yes those Nigerian email scams.... we need to teach em a lesson.

Obviously we have to get comfortable in space, to build Gundams we have to be able to manufacture materials in space.

"obviously" That's the way to go.

:withstupid: I see I don't have to type anything lol

stupid.gif