eCosway MLM? Opinions?

What do you guys and gals thing about MLM(multi level marketing). Specifically about eCosway? I'm aware Cosway was the main company that created eCosway and there is another company behind Cosway. eCosway has been around since 2001, and is a MLM company that relies on people who join them, sell there items and recruit additional members that do the same. So technically its sort of a pyramid scheme, except it isn't illegal because it sells items. You can sign up as a shopper/VIPshopper/IBO(independant business owner). I'm sure its not scam seeing how MLM companies that end up being scams don't survive for that long.

Some items being sold by the sellers have dubious claims such as the SE Pendant, and other products that claim to improve your health. I've looked into some products such as the SE Pendant but I can't find any good 3rd party reviews. The only things I found were videos made by the sellers advertising them or videos about finding out which ones are counterfeit.

From my understanding of MLM it is impossible for everyone to succeed due to the fact you make money on the commissions made by people below you and so on so when you start a MLM business the ones that gain the most are the people at the top who started earlier than you. If possible I'd like this topic to stick with the discussion of the MLM company eCosway.

I'd like to hear your take about MLM in general and the products they sell.

Edited by My_Inner_Fred

What do you guys and gals thing about MLM(multi level marketing). Specifically about eCosway? I'm aware Cosway was the main company that created eCosway and there is another company behind Cosway. eCosway has been around since 2001, and is a MLM company that relies on people who join them, sell there items and recruit additional members that do the same. So technically its sort of a pyramid scheme, except it isn't illegal because it sells items. You can sign up as a shopper/VIPshopper/IBO(independant business owner). I'm sure its not scam seeing how MLM companies that end up being scams don't survive for that long.

Some items being sold by the sellers have dubious claims such as the SE Pendant, and other products that claim to improve your health. I've looked into some products such as the SE Pendant but I can't find any good 3rd party reviews. The only things I found were videos made by the sellers advertising them or videos about finding out which ones are counterfeit.

From my understanding of MLM it is impossible for everyone to succeed due to the fact you make money on the commissions made by people below you and so on so when you start a MLM business the ones that gain the most are the people at the top who started earlier than you. If possible I'd like this topic to stick with the discussion of the MLM company eCosway.

I'd like to hear your take about MLM in general and the products they sell.

eCosway has been around for quite some time, - their parent company even longer, - more than 30 years. They have a huge presence in Asia. Yes, it can be described as MLM, but only as far as their bonus or profit plan works, or the way you earn commissions. The other aspects of eCosway are very different from the typical MLM companies out there.

Most significant is the range of products, - there are a couple of hundred and in some countries more than a thousand. eCosway does not rely on one or just a handful of “star” or “miracle” products typically found in MLMs. They even have household cleaners, shapeware, water filters, personal care and cosmetics, in addition to the health benefitting supplements and the SE pendant you mentioned.

The way eCosway operates is different – there is no buying up, stocking, and re-selling that one would expect. Members buy and consume what they like, and are encouraged to introduce their friends to do the same. They call it Prosumers ( profitable consumers ). No heavy handed pushing of products, and even better no buying up of inventory. With this scenario, you can’t call it a pyramid. People buy what they want and there’s a huge range to choose. And the prices are very competitive too. If you are doubtful about the SE Pendant, just buy what you like or believe in. Special offers and promotions are also mailed to all members, including shoppers. That’s where your network sales are retained by the company and your commissions too.

Coming back to SE Pendant, I have read many testimonials about it. It works for many people. However if you are not “into” these energy products, their other products available should interest you.

There have free retail stores, run by members, and so you just shop what you need for your own consumption, which will easily make up the monthly maintenance to earn commissions.

The way eCosway operates its MLM operations with the stores, large product range, and great prices, is just very different. Of course, if you are the first to hear, and share the word about them in your area, you stand to benefit with the consumers under your network. That, I think, is perfectly alright.