Sign in to follow this  
El_Capitan

Get your ASUS Mars now!

Unfortunately 2000 dollars is not as bad as 3000. When I was working for a computer repair store, our business practice was to charge 100 dollars PER virus removal. Why we did it that way I will never know so don't ask.

One day a guy came in with a PC, dropped it off and as you can probably figure out by now.... it had 30 viruses on it. So I called up the customer and basically told him that it would be 3000 dollars and that I would instead give him a boot disk that would fix his viruses for 20. He told me that he was not comfortable doing it on his own, and that he was going to "suck it up and pay the 3000 bucks" . I probably talked to him for a hour trying to tell him all the other options that would save him at least 2.5K. I guess none of them sounded appealing, and he payed 3000 bucks for it.

All I have to say is that there are some seriously dumb people on this planet.

Unfortunately 2000 dollars is not as bad as 3000. When I was working for a computer repair store, our business practice was to charge 100 dollars PER virus removal. Why we did it that way I will never know so don't ask.

One day a guy came in with a PC, dropped it off and as you can probably figure out by now.... it had 30 viruses on it. So I called up the customer and basically told him that it would be 3000 dollars and that I would instead give him a boot disk that would fix his viruses for 20. He told me that he was not comfortable doing it on his own, and that he was going to "suck it up and pay the 3000 bucks" . I probably talked to him for a hour trying to tell him all the other options that would save him at least 2.5K. I guess none of them sounded appealing, and he payed 3000 bucks for it.

All I have to say is that there are some seriously dumb people on this planet.

Ahhh jeez.... I've always had success in convincing customers to take a less expensive option. Our service is $40 and all viruses will be remove, of course that was when I was still working. But I'll say this guy must have some important files on his pc if he actually pitched out $3000 to fix his PC...