BF3 skill level- Help me understand this

TheyCallMeGunny

BF3's skill level is broken.

I went 68-13 (5.231 K/D), got MVP by over 2,000 points, had a squad score of 420, and a team score of 420, had a 201m headshot with a shotgun, 15 kill streak 4 times in a row, and pretty much everyone on the other team was my nemesis victim throughout the match..

And my skill level was 156.66 for the round.

Other guy goes 38-35 (1.086 K/D), 4th on scoreboard, 190 squad score, 210 team score..

And his skill level was 210.44 for the round.

How does this make sense?

I was higher level than this other guy, but his team had far more players higher level than me: my team only had 2 high levels. So I don't even think level has anything to do with it, which is why it's puzzling me. And one final factor: He was my biggest nemesis victim.. I must have killed him alone 25 times; he just kept trying to rush me like he was going for revenge, falling for the same tricks each time.

Keep in mind this was a TDM match. So there were no other objectives to track.

Edited by dragonsdontfly

If its using the same system as HLStats, lower rated players get more points for killing higher rated players. High rated players don't get very much for killing lower rated players.

For example I remember playing CS:S and getting 5 points for killing someone and when that person killed me he took 20 points.

Edited by AZNguyen

If its using the same system as HLStats, lower rated players get more points for killing higher rated players. High rated players don't get very much for killing lower rated players.

For example I remember playing CS:S and getting 5 points for killing someone and when that person killed me he took 20 points.

Makes sense, but that guy must've been killing a lot of the other 2 high levels: Because the average level of teams was much higher on his side.

I don't take much stock in skill level, it jumps around constantly. But I'm at the point I'd like to know how it's calculated. Can't seem to find it anywhere.

Makes sense, but that guy must've been killing a lot of the other 2 high levels: Because the average level of teams was much higher on his side.

I don't take much stock in skill level, it jumps around constantly. But I'm at the point I'd like to know how it's calculated. Can't seem to find it anywhere.

Maybe he assassinated all the high rankers on his team for super skill boosts :lol: