Battlefield Premium

greengiant912

Here's my stand:

until there is at least squad VOIP: I am not buying Premium.

If you can't include an age-old industry standard, why the heck would I pay for DLCs that aren't expected to be out for an entire year yet? You couldn't even give us a standard feature that's existed in the FPS genre for YEARS NOW.

When the base game has VOIP: I will buy Premium. But if they refuse to include it, I only want 2 DLCs anyways, and can get them for a couple dollars a piece. So you'll make $10 off me if you leave VOIP out, and $50 if you put it in. Your move EA.

The only exception is if there's a ridiculous sale.

Edited by dragonsdontfly

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They already mentioned Battle Recorder was on the table a long time ago.

Increasing squad size for Prems will unbalance the game. I play groups of 6-8 people and if we could all be in the same squad, vs a bunch of 4 man squads its not even fair.

Premium lets you save 5 or so of your best game logs to your profile.

That's a pretty dumb idea. Would make sense for beta testing maps, but beta testing a map for months also seems silly if there were no gameplay changes.

There are plenty of 3rd parties that do this already.

2. As well as a lot of things and they still have yet to deliver. If you are coming from Bad Company 2 sure this game is an upgrade. If you are coming from BF2 than they removed some features of the game. Battle Recorder is just one and it would be the easiest to implement so it better be "on the table".

3. First I said they would have to implement it for everyone (not just BFP members) so you either suck at reading (as this is the second time in a row you've done this) or you just feel like being argumentative. But since you chose the later, explain. Back that claim up. Explain how a 6 man squad would unbalance the game. If you are constantly playing with the same 6-8 people as you say then you should know how to work around the limitations of squad size. A group of friends using Vent and being well organized is all it takes ...squad size at that point is more of a convenience factor. Are you worried of the 2 extra people that can spawn on their squad, and if so ...why?

4. Nice start but not gaining much over someone who can't do it. Clans would definitely want to display more than that.

5. You call it dumb but it is working out great for them. As they release a map the Elite members get to play on it and it gives developers ideas on what needs to get fixed. As they finish the next map they release it to Elite - and so on. Once they progress up to 4 maps, the devs add some extra Special OPS missions and then release the whole thing as a DLC package. It was by the far the smoothest DLC delivery they've had in the 3 games of theirs I've played. It's not stupid, its just not your point of view or your type of game.

6. What's your point? DICE can offer prizes 3rd parties can't. I'm simply throwing out ideas that litterally came off the top. I'm not getting paid by DICE so I'm not going to spend hours of my time trying to think of well thought out ideas they're not going to use anyway.

doh!

I thought I would post this here if anyone is interested for getting Battlefield Premium for $30 this is how.

**edit** It's now up to $35, but yeah. Think I am going to wait for this puppy to go on sale.

Edited by t0asty

1. I played every game since BF2 (8 total), but it doesn't take a BF expert to realize BF2 =/= BF3. Expecting it to be like BF2 will just set you up for disappointment. Remember when they said you would never have to pay for new BF3 maps? Remember when they said BF3 was a direct sequel to BF2? I do, because I reported on it and both are untrue.

2. This is a BF Premium thread, make a what DICE needs to do to improve BF3 and chances are I already said it in the original BF3 thread months ago. You started out saying what they should include with Premium and I included everything to be so.

BF modes like Conquest is all about numbers.A 4 man squad and a 6 man squad at a base. The 6 man squad will start capping due to larger number. Kill one member of each squad. That member can have either 3 members or other 5 members to choose to spawn on. A larger squad size makes it easier for larger groups to play together than VOIP.

3. Clans usually run their own sites/forums to do that kind of stuff. Especially for clans who usually don't just play a single game. Registration process usually start on these sites as well.

4. Once you've explained how they implement the system vs just saying they get the maps for months ahead, it makes more sense. Getting the maps months ahead assumes they are already done with the DLC and just fishing it to get more people to buy CoD Elite than as a developmental stage of testing.

5. Third parties usually get their prizes from them, so this can't doesn't really exist. Unless its something super exclusive.

Edited by AZNguyen

IMO nobody really uses VOIP unless your playing with friends, or clanmates. I really don't want to jump into a match and hear a bunch of 12 year olds cursing at me. Most gamers I know and have game with use Vent, Teamspeak, skype etc... Look at games like starcraft that did include it do you know anyone who uses it? I don't...

IMO nobody really uses VOIP unless your playing with friends, or clanmates. I really don't want to jump into a match and hear a bunch of 12 year olds cursing at me. Most gamers I know and have game with use Vent, Teamspeak, skype etc... Look at games like starcraft that did include it do you know anyone who uses it? I don't...

Quite agree. Those of us who want proper communication with teammates / squadmates usually have the option of Skype, TS or Vent. Where we can ALL speak to one another, bypassing the squad limit (ie have essentially 8+ people in various squads as one "unit").

Not to mention the last thing most of us want to to hear anyone of any age whine about how they just got popped.

I simply refuse to pay for Premium out of principle. It is simply not a trend I wish to be a part of in the gaming community. Yes, I receive less content, but I can live with that.

doh!

I thought I would post this here if anyone is interested for getting Battlefield Premium for $30 this is how.

**edit** It's now up to $35, but yeah. Think I am going to wait for this puppy to go on sale.

Saw that yesterday. I'm one for a deal, but not doing it. I won't even buy premium at a proxy discount.. They include VOIP in the game so I don't have to spend an hour searching for a server that's online and has teamspeak.. Or I aint buying it.

As I said, there's 2 DLCs I'm interested in. Beyond that EA isn't getting me on this trend of wasting money and trying to keep secrets from their consumers to make a bigger buck than if we'd have known.

1. I played every game since BF2 (8 total), but it doesn't take a BF expert to realize BF2 =/= BF3. Expecting it to be like BF2 will just set you up for disappointment. Remember when they said you would never have to pay for new BF3 maps? Remember when they said BF3 was a direct sequel to BF2? I do, because I reported on it and both are untrue.

2. This is a BF Premium thread, make a what DICE needs to do to improve BF3 and chances are I already said it in the original BF3 thread months ago. You started out saying what they should include with Premium and I included everything to be so.

BF modes like Conquest is all about numbers.A 4 man squad and a 6 man squad at a base. The 6 man squad will start capping due to larger number. Kill one member of each squad. That member can have either 3 members or other 5 members to choose to spawn on. A larger squad size makes it easier for larger groups to play together than VOIP.

3. Clans usually run their own sites/forums to do that kind of stuff. Especially for clans who usually don't just play a single game. Registration process usually start on these sites as well.

4. Once you've explained how they implement the system vs just saying they get the maps for months ahead, it makes more sense. Getting the maps months ahead assumes they are already done with the DLC and just fishing it to get more people to buy CoD Elite than as a developmental stage of testing.

5. Third parties usually get their prizes from them, so this can't doesn't really exist. Unless its something super exclusive.

2. Yup and true you did report that.
  3. Fair enough - I will agree to Conquest though I personally still wouldn't care if the other team had 6 man squads.
  4. True and that is mostly because game sites lack all the features they need, but if you have people pay into it than the gaming dev can have a dedicated web master in adding these features in. But again just throwing ideas off the top just to prove it doesn't take much thought to come up with a better BF Premium package than what they are currently offering. Spend some actual time on brainstorming ideas and you can really come up with a BF Premium package that makes sense. As it stands right now though, it seems pretty consistent across the internet that most people are not satisfied with the current BF Premium package.
  5. Suppose I could have spent more time explaining it.
  6. CoD Elite currently offers special real-life prizes. How they handle it I do not know. Perhaps they outsource to 3rd Parties. Perhaps they do it themselves, no clue. But there are always restrictions in what 3rd Parties can and cannot do. I would also think Activision/EA would have an easier time locking in the really nice sponsers for big competitions than 3rd Parties could. For example I would rather go to a Blizzard hosted event over an event hosted by say (incoming random name) Kotaku for a Blizzard game.

Anyhow I stand by my original claim. I think the package needs work outside of the 5 DLCs, and I'm opposed to things like BF Premium and CoD Elite.

Edited by Fogel