Choosing Paint For Chassis

Simple post:

I have an NZXT Phantom. I want to paint it. Might even do some stenciling.

What's the best type of paint to use? I've never actually painted a chassis, so I don't just want to rush off and get some multi-purpose crap that doesn't work right on this chassis.

+1 for Rustoleum. I have used this on a monitor bezel, and even for car applications. It bonds very well to surfaces. Primer coat highly recommended first though.

I just painted the inside of my case with a paint called 'X-o Enamel' and got great results. Its very much like an automotive enamel in results. It has a longer cure time than a Rustoleum or Krylon, so If you are in a hurry forget it, but I am very happy with the results.

Rustoleum Appliance Epoxy is the strongest stuff you'll find, but you're limited to either white, off-white, or black. :lol:

I would HIGHLY suggest avoiding anything by Duplicolor. I've had problems with their paint simple not sticking even on a well prepared surface.

Rustoleum Appliance Epoxy is the strongest stuff you'll find, but you're limited to either white, off-white, or black. :lol:

I would HIGHLY suggest avoiding anything by Duplicolor. I've had problems with their paint simple not sticking even on a well prepared surface.

What about Colorplace?? I've used that before (Walmart's cheap brand, but they also sell Krylon rattle cans) and it's not bad, sprays in a circle shape instead of Krylon's chizel style spray that's much more accurate, my case was actually painted by Colorplace but came out so uneven because I didn't care so I guess I can recommend Colorplace even though everyone hates my case lol

Oh man...the headaches Ive had with Duplicolor. So many orange peels and just not sticking right. Avoid at all costs.

Colorplace paint sucks for trying to paint something and have it turn out nice. It doesnt come out even no matter how hard you try.

I have to agree with not using Duplicolor, painted my dogbone mounts on my car with it and it peeled off this is with sanding and priming. It could have been the duplicolor primer that caused the peeling idk, next time I'm using Rustoleum.

I would use Rustoleum for metal and the Krylon for plastics on any plastic pieces.

Edited by slick2500

Colorplace paint sucks for trying to paint something and have it turn out nice. It doesnt come out even no matter how hard you try.

I have to agree with not using Duplicolor, painted my dogbone mounts on my car with it and it peeled off this is with sanding and priming. It could have been the duplicolor primer that caused the peeling idk, next time I'm using Rustoleum.

I would use Rustoleum for metal and the Krylon for plastics on any plastic pieces.

Yeah, it's tough to control it's paint stream but I didn't care about this case so I saved the $1 or so :lol:

I always hear good things about Rustoleum and Krylon

I'll have to take note of this. I've heard of Rustoleum before, but never with computers. My chassis is steel and ABS plastic, you guys are saying this stuff is perfect for that?

Avoid Colorplace and Duplicolor: Gotcha.