Can't Flash my AMD Ref 6950 2GB

Hi folks - I just recently got a AMD Reference 6950 2 GB card and was looking to improve performance further by unlocking the shaders, but have been unsuccessful.

Here's what i did

1.Used ATI Winflash to backup original BIOS

2.Used multiple 6970 Bios (SAPHHIRE, Club3d, Asus)

3.The BIOS switch on the card was set to the 1 position

4.Load the HD 6970 BIOS into Winflash by clicking Load Image, followed by Program.

Winflash says i was successful, so I did a reboot, but I keep getting this beeping (2x) sound and it won't boot up at all unless I switch the BIOS switch to 2.

Also used multiple 6970 bioses but still unsucessful.

Any ideas guys? Thanks!

It's possible you got a card that won't unlock.

I assume you can flash the original back and it works just fine?

Yes it works fine, i just flicked the bios switch to 2 and the card uses the original BIOS.

also used RBE to unlock the 6950 but i get the same issue - 2 beeps and it won't bootup unless i turn the bios switch back to 2.

I meant could you successfully flash the first BIOS back to the original and boot properly. :)

Yes, i could also flash the card back to the original BIOS, which I backed up before the attempt.

Did you make sure it worked? The last time I flashed a card that didn't go well, my first step to see if I was doing it right was to reflash the original BIOS back to the card.

Yeah, I'm currently using the default BIOS on the card right now - and it's working fine, too. Also, the BIOS Switch is set to 1, which uses the successful flash of the original BIOS.

Have you tried flashing the 6970 bios to the #2 position and leaving the stock bios on #1?

isn't the #2 switch supposed to be the backup in case something goes wrong with the flash mod?

P.S. Yeah, i accidentally tried that too(forgot the switch was in the #2 position), but it wouldn't allow me to flash it.