rate my i5 build

itsata15

Pretty good build for your budget.

I would stick with DDR3-1600 (PC3-12800) CL9 for RAM - pick your brand. The SanDisk Extreme that Vandread linked is probably the fastest SSD you can buy in your budget range. Another popular choice is the Crucial M4. Those are the two I would decide between ...again, given your price range.

The 7850 is the better choice given your budget range though I don't like that combo deal - mostly because of the PSU. I have had two OCZ PSUs go bad and with as many people as I've seen with OCZ SSDs go bad here at the forums I can't say OCZ gives me the comfort feeling that they have quality products. In fact they are going to have to have a long bout of awesomeness before they get my money again ...especially since those two PSUs failing caused every part in that PC to fry.

Edited by Fogel

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The 7850 is one of the most under appreciated cards out right now. It has the raw power of the GTX 570 for less money and a ton less power draw. With a fairly easy overclock it starts running near the GTX 580. It is arguably for most people the best bang for the buck right now, at 1080 it is a brute.

Although I don't disagree with anything here CE....but if you buy the 7850 don't you have to use AMD drivers :lol:

might be doing double later on.

the 850 watt is like 100$ which is pretty cheap so i thought it would be good to buy it

I don't think you'd need 800W even for 2xHD7850s. 750W would do fine. But if you can get a 850W for cheap, then why not?

I don't think you'd need 800W even for 2xHD7850s. 750W would do fine. But if you can get a 850W for cheap, then why not?

My tower just shipped ahaha and my internals are going as well.