rate my i5 build

itsata15

Lulz the 7850 is faster then the 570 when it's oc and it's 100$ less then 670 :)

You are actually getting a slower card for about 50 bucks less than the GTX 570. Yeah sure you can overclock the 7850, but you can do the same to a GTX 570 so in the end, the 570 is still faster. The 670 is in a whole different tier. So I am a bit confused as to why you compared prices.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are actually getting a slower card for about 50 bucks less than the GTX 570. Yeah sure you can overclock the 7850, but you can do the same to a GTX 570 so in the end, the 570 is still faster. The 670 is in a whole different tier. So I am a bit confused as to why you compared prices.

Well i'm on a budget so the 7850 is the best value and in the future get one for xfire I just don't see a reason to spend the xtra for Nvidia. I didn't mean the 670 I mean the 7850 vs. 570.

Edited by AllYourF0rt

More efficient though, and it wouldn't be much faster....while being more expensive and power hungry ;)

someone told me to get a 8gb 2x4 instead of the 4gb 2x4 so i decided this

http://www.newegg.co...N82E16820145315

also people have been suggesting me a 7850 instead of my 560 ti with a new PSU. is the link below a good deal?

http://www.newegg.co...D=18uouypzzcjz5

and for the case i will probably switch to the coolermaster

if i have some money left over i will change the mobo

most of the items listed before was shopped at microcenter

Yes, it's better to go with 8GB these days IMO. Personally, I'd get this instead: G.Skill RipjawsX 8GB 1600MHz CL9 - $46.99

It performs better than the one you've chosen (1333 vs 1600 & on par with Corsair Vengeance with same specs, not the XMS) and is cheaper too.

The deal you've linked is awesome IMO. I've heard many good things of the OCZ ZT series, plus it's backed with 5 years warranty so I don't see why not really. But I'm not too sure with the HIS 7850. Not that I've anything with HIS (they make some crazy good AMD cards) but with that particular product. The coolers doesn't seem to perform well compared to other cards, but are priced the same as the other, dual fan cards like the Sapphire card. Dual fan usually mean a lower overall temp and lower noise.

Personally I'd still get the OCZ ZT 750 and get $20 off with the promo code from Newegg or take the MIR. Then I'd take the Sapphire 7850 OC card for $259.99 + free DiRT Showdown voucher.

OCZ ZT 750W - $89.99 ($109.99 - $20 off with promo code)

Sapphire HD7850OC - $259.99

That's $349.98 which is $3 cheaper than the deal, and you get a better performing 7850! :thumbsup:

Or if you want to save a bit more, get the non-OC version of the card and save another $10 :D

I think a fellow member here on OCC, ComputerEd, can vouch on the Sapphire 7850 performance since I believe he is/have used one himself.

Just my opinion :cheers:

More efficient though, and it wouldn't be much faster....while being more expensive and power hungry ;)

Not to mention how easy the 78xx series overclock and the free Game included. I'd say that's a win win :P

The 7850 is one of the most under appreciated cards out right now. It has the raw power of the GTX 570 for less money and a ton less power draw. With a fairly easy overclock it starts running near the GTX 580. It is arguably for most people the best bang for the buck right now, at 1080 it is a brute.

Edited by ComputerEd

The 7850 is one of the most under appreciated cards out right now. It has the raw power of the GTX 570 for less money and a ton less power draw. With a fairly easy overclock it starts running near the GTX 580. It is arguably for most people the best bang for the buck right now, at 1080 it is a brute.

I fully agree but surely the GTX 660 is right around the corner. He'd probably be better off waiting for that & using what he has at the moment. That's what I'm doing.

By any chance would you like my EVGA 560 ti superclocked DS card for 200 plus shipping?

Other then swapping out to my card, I would say that switching the SSD to a vertex 120 rather than an agility 120 is about the only thing that would make this a better build aside from what other people have already mentioned.

The only difference between the two apart from price is synchronous plays asynchronous chips. Theres nothing wrong with the Agility. It'll be reliable for some time to come. I'd say stick with the Agility & save the scratch.

I fully agree but surely the GTX 660 is right around the corner. He'd probably be better off waiting for that & using what he has at the moment. That's what I'm doing.

If OP can wait, :withstupid:

Also for SSD, IMO Get the Sandisk Extreme 120GB SSD. You can pick one up at Microcenter for $119.99 or at Newegg for $129.99. Sandforce speed, synchronous and at ~$1/GB, what's not to like really :biggrin:

Or the Mushkin Enhanced Chronos Deluxe 120GB SSD. It goes for $119.99 at Newegg. Again, Sandforce speed, synchronous and at ~$1/GB :thumbsup:

:cheers:

Edited by vandreadstriker

If OP can wait, :withstupid:

Also for SSD, IMO Get the Sandisk Extreme 120GB SSD. You can pick one up at Microcenter for $119.99 or at Newegg for $129.99. Sandforce speed, synchronous and at ~$1/GB, what's not to like really :biggrin:

Or the Mushkin Enhanced Chronos Deluxe 120GB SSD. It goes for $119.99 at Newegg. Again, Sandforce speed, synchronous and at ~$1/GB :thumbsup:

:cheers:

Or you could get the Corsair Force GT 180gb ssd for 209$ on newegg.