NightHwk

AMD 965 BE OC help for a n00b

Hi All,

I pretty new to overclocking. I have been seeing allot of posts on the net about this cpu hitting 4.0-4.1ghz. I have recently bought my cpu water cooling the Antec 920.

I am so lost when it comes to overclocking this cpu and the "overclocking" from asus can only put it at 3.7ghz.

Is there anybody that can help me out please? I don't even know where to start as this bios seems a bit different. Any help is appreciated.

What are your current settings on your overclock? Did you use the HTT or just the multiplier? Also let us know what voltage you are using. Usually for all BE CPU's you just up the Multi and then run prime for a while and see if it is stable. If its not you add some voltage and run prime again. You repeat this process till you get the clocks you want at the temps you want. Do not go over 62C on these CPU's and dont go over 1.5v.

• Like 1

What the voltage you are using?

And, also do inform us what method you are using to overclock 965?

• Like 1

ok I am using this for gaming. All i did was bump up the multiplier to 19x from the bios

Here is a screenshot of what I got so far.. Let em know if there's more or something else I can do.. Right now it's running at 3.8ghz. My overall goal that I'd like to reach is min 4ghz

KVbtG.png

Edited by NightHwk

ok so 3.9 seems to be my wall i seem to have hit. I still have not touched any voltage and only changed the multiplier. When i tried 4ghz it crashes with BSOD.

stcSq.png

It seems like your 965 is hitting the wall for overclocking on stock volts just like my 955 did. Mine could go to 4.1 on stock but i had to increase it almost a full .1v just for 200MHz more and higher temps.