MasterRy88

GTX 670 VS. (GTX 680 vs. HD 7970)

Well i was looking around today at the GTX 680 vs. the 7970 and what I ended up finding is that the GTX 670 is actually a very solid card at $100 less than the 680

I will use this PURELY for gaming, no video stuff, no photoshop just gaming. What do you guys think is it worth it to spring for the GTX 680 or 7970 or is the GTX 670 really good?

Personally I don't think the 680 is worth $100 more than a 670...so I'd go with the 670.

GTX 670's are cool and all, but if I'm already spending close to $500 on a GPU, the logical choice would be to buy a GTX 680 anyway.

GTX 670's are cool and all, but if I'm already spending close to $500 on a GPU, the logical choice would be to buy a GTX 680 anyway.

But $400 is $100 less than $500... =)

Either way, it's an upgrade and should let you play at max settings, or pretty darn close, for quite awhile. Your call if you want to spend the extra $100. Looking at the OCC review, I wouldn't spend the extra $100, just like when I got my current 570 instead of a 580.

I picked up a 670 a couple of weeks ago and it's been a hell of a performer so far. Runs nice and cool too, around 65 degrees under load in my case. Fans can get a little bit loud but it's more than tolerable, especially given the performance.

The best is never worth it, 2nd best always offers a far better value.

The best is never worth it, 2nd best always offers a far better value.

That's true.. I guess I'm the kinda guy who just wants the best when already spending lots of money.

That's true.. I guess I'm the kinda guy who just wants the best when already spending lots of money.

For me, its not about the overall price, but the percentage price increase compared to the percentage performance increase.

The 680 is 20% more expensive than the 670, whilst being only a couple of percent ahead. which is what makes me go for 4gb 670s instead.

Same thing with cpus, like the 3770k vs 3930k vs 3960x

the price differences compared to performance increases are what make me choose one over the other