ir_cow

Windows 8 is removing the start button

So I finally installed the latest Windows 8 build. I have to say I have to problem with it. I don't mind the look or the changes. With that being said, it is not going to be worth what MS is going to sell it for. The usual 199, 299 etc. This is like a Lion to Mountain Lion upgrade.

According to several news releases MS will be selling a digital download upgrade version of Windows 8 Pro for $39.99 if you purchase before January 31st of 2013.

http://news.yahoo.co...-091713174.html

Okay that is reasonable. I have been playing with it for about 2 hours now and I like it.

I wonder what the price will be if you're going from Vista to 8? I mean, like a full version disk or digital copy, not an upgrade.

I haven't used it from power up but my friend is using it on his computer and it seems to work just like 7 but looks different. Of course this was all watching him use his computer and not personally using it myself yet

Wonder if you'll actually need to have XP, Vista or 7 installed and validated or whether you can just pop in your retail disk. I've read some benchmark analysis comparing the Win8 CR to Windows 7 and it appears that Win8 has been tweaked to provide improved performance according to many of the benchmark tests.