Tomb Raider (2013)

bp9801

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So today's the day :D
Installed my Nvidia 314.14 Beta driver so I have the latest driver out and installed the game and my bonus pre-order DLC.

Now it seems to be downloading a 2Gb patch, can't wait to play :D Already finished all my work so I can just chill with the game for the rest of the day...

game is pretty taxing for a console port, i cant max it out on 1920x1080 :C

well i CAN max it out and get like 30~fps but there are drops of the low 20's and i dont want that :/

untill i untick that special hair stuff i then get 45~ fps, way better, but for such a little feature it is really taxing and it only affects lara, and not the others in the game :C

Guys on the NVidia cards it seems you need to turn off the TressFX and also cut back on Tessellation. There appear to be a number of driver issues with nVidia. On the MAD side it appears that the TressFX does not work as it should with Crossfire just yet.

Guys on the NVidia cards it seems you need to turn off the TressFX and also cut back on Tessellation. There appear to be a number of driver issues with nVidia. On the MAD side it appears that the TressFX does not work as it should with Crossfire just yet.

tesselation doesnt have an impact on perfomance as far as i could see (2fps difference from on and off)

that hairdo is the only thing that is really taxing...and post processing but that is to be expected.

Well the upside of using a GTX690 is that TressFX and Max settings should work and be smooth even with crappy drivers :teehee:  

I'll find out soon since I've got about 200Mb's left

those of you with multi-gpu set ups, is it possible to set TressFX to use a specific gpu?

Not that I can see, TressFX doesn't act like PhysX where you can "dedicate" a GPU for it

TressFX is just an option in the settings that sets the quality of hair

TressFX is quite a performance hit, especially with SMAA