Sign in to follow this  
C4shFlo

MSI Afterburner

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Precision based on the RivaTuner core?

If msi afterburner is then so is evga precision tune and precision x. The only difference between the two is a slight bit of coding anew the gooey. Other the that the settings menus are identical.

Cool. Thanks for the confirmation. It seems that I read that somewhere a while back.

Cool. Thanks for the confirmation. It seems that I read that somewhere a while back.

No problem Wevsspot. It blew my mind when I found that out. I figured EVGA and MSI would have started from scratch but hey, Freeware is freeware.

No problem Wevsspot. It blew my mind when I found that out. I figured EVGA and MSI would have started from scratch but hey, Freeware is freeware.

RivaTuner is just such a great program, why not start from like you sd, Freeware :biggrin: But, RivaTuner is not for most users as it is quite robust and complicated! EVGA and MSi just made a very simplified version that the average user can easily manage ;)

OP - Did you use the MSi Guide I wrote? I haven't had any issues with Afterburner with any of the cards I have used my guide to overclock. But, I also haven't used CCC to OC in a very long time, so not sure if there is some conflict between the 2 programs.

RivaTuner is just such a great program, why not start from like you sd, Freeware :biggrin: But, RivaTuner is not for most users as it is quite robust and complicated! EVGA and MSi just made a very simplified version that the average user can easily manage ;)

OP - Did you use the MSi Guide I wrote? I haven't had any issues with Afterburner with any of the cards I have used my guide to overclock. But, I also haven't used CCC to OC in a very long time, so not sure if there is some conflict between the 2 programs.

Yeah I remember using RivaTuner back with my x850xt but I never touched 98% of its settings so when Afterburner came out (and precision until I realized it was GPU racist lol), I never went back