CanadaGUY

Best sub $250 Video Card Today!

Hey,

Been away from this site for quite some time now, actually been away from doing anything other then coding on my Computer for well over a year now. But the itch is back to take this sucker apart and start dropping in some new things, was just wondering whats the best mid-range card these days, I'm talking around $250 hopefully under this price. Also I'd love the option of being able to connect 3 monitors if that's possible with a single card.

I'll also have some 4890's for sale soon, if I go through with this purchase.

Thanks a Bunch!

I'd pick the Radeon HD7850. There's quite a few for just under $250 and performs very well against the GTX570 & 560Ti 448 (which is still on the $250+ price range).

It supports Eyefinity with a single card (although you'd need a displayport) unlike the GTX5xx series that needs two cards for Surround setup.

Plus you get lower temperature and power consumption compared to the HD69xx and the ZeroCore tech.

:cheers:

A 6950 and 7850 are about on even footing for performance so I would look for whichever you can get at the lower price. If the price difference is only about $20 I would go with the 7850 for the lower powerf consumption. For the anything more thr 6950 is a great card.

I can't wait for the 660 to come out, the x60 GTX cards have been my favorite, and I'm sure the 7850 will see fierce competition for the ultimate value

Looks like I'll probably stick to a 7850, just gonna keep an eye out over the next month for any decent deals and pull the trigger when one comes in for a decent price. Probably wait for a sapphire too, for some reason I've just always had great luck with them.

Someone mentioned why I'm dropping the 2x 4890's, well they work amazing for the 2 years almost that I've had them but man does running both suck a lot of power/output alot of heat. Hell, I almost never have to turn the heater on in the winter when I have my computer on, they do a great job of keeping my computer room warm. Looking to just go back to one card and have Eyefinity/DX11, going to be having a 3 monitor setup soon as I completely replace this current computer over this year.

Looks like I'll probably stick to a 7850, just gonna keep an eye out over the next month for any decent deals and pull the trigger when one comes in for a decent price. Probably wait for a sapphire too, for some reason I've just always had great luck with them.

Someone mentioned why I'm dropping the 2x 4890's, well they work amazing for the 2 years almost that I've had them but man does running both suck a lot of power/output alot of heat. Hell, I almost never have to turn the heater on in the winter when I have my computer on, they do a great job of keeping my computer room warm. Looking to just go back to one card and have Eyefinity/DX11, going to be having a 3 monitor setup soon as I completely replace this current computer over this year.

Yeah my 4870x2 was still a beast....but ate like one too, I'm not missing its power consumption or heat production one bit. I don't wish an early grave for my 5970 but I like moving up in the efficiency world, so it's likely I'll be back to a single core again.