The E3 2012 Discussion Thread

WhenKittensATK

Guess I am the lonely one. I wasn't impressed by the Watch Dogs trailer. At first I was then it dwindled away as the trailer went on. The environment looks really nice. The jacket looked really nice ...then I realized there are current games that do that well now ...aside from the part where the jacket moved differently based on his run speed. But then I noticed the character models really suck butt. They did a good job on the asian guy, a decent job on the main character, but the rest look like there was no more budget left.

I think they did a better job on the character models in the Beyond - Two Souls game. The environment wasn't quite as impressive, but the character models were far better, more consistent, and the facial inflexations were impressive. Not sure either game will be my type of game though, both games look slow paced.

The SW: 1313 game looked pretty good, but one thing that only future gameplay trailers will reveal is kind of the same gripe I had with Watch Dogs is it looked like the type of game where it employs an auto-aim. That is one of the things about Uncharted I really dislike, it takes away from the challenge of the game. Both Watch Dogs and SW: 1313 seem to employ an Uncharted style of combat. :erm:

Not saying no to any of the three games. I will watch all 3 and see how they progress, but I am definitely not as excited as everyone else seems to be ...at this time at least. Still looking forward to Dishonored and Castlevania the most. Gameplay > Graphics.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Definitely looking forward to Watch Dogs, especially once I saw that it's based in what looks to be a geographically accurate Chicago. I shouldn't have any issue getting around. :biggrin:

Edit- Aw, why aren't they using the actual street names? :down: I'm still interested...

Edited by nVidia_Freak

Definitely looking forward to Watch Dogs, especially once I saw that it's based in what looks to be a geographically accurate Chicago. I shouldn't have any issue getting around. :biggrin:

Edit- Aw, why aren't they using the actual street names? :down: I'm still interested...

I think they're calling it Windy City lol how lame

Watch Dogs a new title from Ubisoft looks absolutely amazing! Best thing I have seen so far!

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/06/04/watch-dogs-announced-for-next-gen-consoles

Ill post gameplay as soon as it is up...

:thumbsup::cheers:

:withstupid: And best of all with SW1313, the gameplay they were showing was from a "high-end PC"....so glad it'll be coming to PC if it continues to look that good!

I like that but they didn't show enough yet to grab me, being on the PC though, there IS a point in their favor.

I'm so psyched for The Last Of Us and Watch Dogs looked really good as well.

Yeah it did look good, I wonder how much of the environment you can use and how dynamic the fights are like the ones they showed.

The SW: 1313 game looked pretty good, but one thing that only future gameplay trailers will reveal is kind of the same gripe I had with Watch Dogs is it looked like the type of game where it employs an auto-aim. That is one of the things about Uncharted I really dislike, it takes away from the challenge of the game. Both Watch Dogs and SW: 1313 seem to employ an Uncharted style of combat. :erm:

Definitely NOT auto-aim:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rFZ7Xit8xjA

Definitely NOT auto-aim:

That video shows it more clearly, thanks. The reticle isn't as big and forgiving as say Mass Effect or Gears of War so that is good. SW1313 is looking more interesting but combat still looks boring in Watch Dogs.

While Metroid Prime was one of the best games I've played, one thing that got annoying really quick was scanning everything. I wonder how the hacking feature will be done in Watch Dogs. If you have access to hack anything and everyone than I would want the ability to change the storyline.

That is a big part of why Dishonored looks so interesting to me ...you can go the direct route and take people out or go the stealthy route and learn intel that changes the storyline options.

GameSpot just had Crysis 3 on their stage show. They showed a lot of gameplay and it looks amazing. The Crytek speaker said that the consoles have been very important to them, as Crysis 2 sold well, but for Crysis 3 they're really pushing the limits and the PC is allowing them to do more, so that would definitely be the version to get (if you have the PC for it).

In 2010 Square Enix launched an episodic RPG on Japanese mobile phones called Final Fantasy Legends. Individually each episode can be completed in around three hours, but the 13 episodes put together offer up a full-fledged 35-40 hour adventure.

Square Enix announced earlier this year that the episodes will finally be translated into English and ported to both iOS and Android, beginning in July.

OMG! I want this game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEqkBcj5qlA

Demon's Score, another touch screen game from Square Enix. iOS only?

Edited by AZNguyen