WhenKittensATK

The E3 2012 Discussion Thread

Another year, another press event where people don't laugh at their jokes. List of exhibitors.

What/Who won't be there:

Respawn Entertainment

Bungie

A new game from Valve

The next gen Xbox & PlayStation

There will be a 30 minute special on SpikeTV about Unreal Engine 4 sometime next week. [Source]

Edited by AZNguyen

I`m happy Epic yelled at MS and Sony about how we need some powerful next gen. consoles. Hopefully Unreal Engine 4 is a real winner this E3.

Edited by MJCRO

well Unreal 4 engine is just the newest UDK packaged up nicely for commercial release and next gen console support. Basically once both Sony and M$ tell the final specs the UE4 should be ready to go.

Next i'm excited about the new consoles, and whoever doesn't have online only DRM I will be buying. I don't care either way since cross platform games play the same. As for console exclusives, Halo has been only trying to get as good as the original since Halo 3. Gears of war should be over even though the 4th is in the works so I cannot expect much anymore. Sony on the other hand has horrible exclusives this time hence why my PS3 hasn't been turn on in a year. I just hope both make it affordable console or I'll be using my Xbox for about 5 years.

CD Projekt Red announcing their new RPG tomorrow [It has guns]

Buying everything CD Project RED makes. I don't care what it is. The Witcher 2 was an amazing game and they supported it like no other. Instant buy

well Unreal 4 engine is just the newest UDK packaged up nicely for commercial release and next gen console support. Basically once both Sony and M$ tell the final specs the UE4 should be ready to go.

Next i'm excited about the new consoles, and whoever doesn't have online only DRM I will be buying. I don't care either way since cross platform games play the same. As for console exclusives, Halo has been only trying to get as good as the original since Halo 3. Gears of war should be over even though the 4th is in the works so I cannot expect much anymore. Sony on the other hand has horrible exclusives this time hence why my PS3 hasn't been turn on in a year. I just hope both make it affordable console or I'll be using my Xbox for about 5 years.

Hey I thought Reach felt alot like the first Halo, it had some of that magic that drove me towards the first, though I haven't play any of the others beyond that and the first two.

I hear you on the PS3, it's my mobile Bluray player (smart move there Sony) and my PS2 player (smart move....that they should have stuck with, aka backwards compatibility) since ps2 games are super cheap and I'm finally getting to games I've been meaning to play (Jak and Daxter series currently).

Cool video, I had one of the hitmans (I think contracts?) I didn't like it for very long, so hopefully the game play is a good as the video.... Maybe I need to go back and play that or the other ones and see if I missed something because I know alot of people like it

The Elder Scrolls Online sounds pretty amazing, I'm really fighting with all I can to refrain from starting an MMO again (first and decidedly only one was FFXI back with my old PS2)

Edited by IVIYTH0S

is there actually going to be anything left to announce at E3 :huh: ? it seems all the VG news blogs have all these "E3 Trailers" posted but E3 doesnt officially kick off for another day or so. That and with nintendo having done their pre-E3 "nintendo direct" press conference

speaking of nintendo, more Wii U details including a very Xbox 360 inspired "Pro controller"

228608-Wii%20U%20Pro%20header.jpg

Other Wii U news: control your tv with your touchpad controller

Edited by bilcliff