2Gb card or 1gb?

Pec0

I cant see me being able to upgrade the whole PC any time in the near future. Perhaps I should stop trying to get that little bit more and settle for the 1GB 6870.

I cant see me being able to upgrade the whole PC any time in the near future. Perhaps I should stop trying to get that little bit more and settle for the 1GB 6870.

I wouldn't because if your gonna be playing at high res.'s, a 1GB 6870 is gonna struggle.

Edited by MJCRO

It also isn't nesscesary to have 2gb at 1920x1080 after all I am running sli 560s which is decidedly more powerful than a 6870 and I only have access to 1GB of VRAM and I have yet to be bottlenecked by my VRAM.

Even maxing out games an adding heaps of high res graphical mods it hasn't caused me to max out the VRAM on my cards. The op will be perfectly fine spending £120 on a 6870.

It also isn't nesscesary to have 2gb at 1920x1080 after all I am running sli 560s which is decidedly more powerful than a 6870 and I only have access to 1GB of VRAM and I have yet to be bottlenecked by my VRAM.

Even maxing out games an adding heaps of high res graphical mods it hasn't caused me to max out the VRAM on my cards. The op will be perfectly fine spending £120 on a 6870.

OK matey think I'll heed your advice and get this bad boy purchased to keep costs to a minimum.

Muchoman here is a little HD6870 2Gb that wanted to salute you : http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814150563&Tpk=XFX%20HD-687X-CNFC

Well, now i know.

here in australia we dont have anything near the range of cards you can get in america, and even more so in the small tech stores that are locally

The card i said to get wasnt much about the 2gb, moreso that it is a much faster card, and a 6850/6870 will struggle at fullhd

OK matey think I'll heed your advice and get this bad boy purchased to keep costs to a minimum.

I think it is worth the difference, a 6870 will run most games on medium to high, whereas a 7850 will run them all on high to max. a large difference in performance, and the price increase isnt massive