El_Capitan

Nvidia 301.42 WHQL Released

http://www.nvidia.com/object/win7-winvista-64bit-301.42-whql-driver.html

More info here:

http://www.geforce.com/whats-new/articles/nvidia-geforce-301.42-whql-drivers-released/

So far no issues.

Edited by El_Capitan

started dling it for my main rig before i left work tonight may install it tomorrow

My current drivers are work ok except I see some videos like a GREEN screen.. I dunno if that is problem of video drivers or Flash Player...

Interesting. I want to see how this increases the performance over the press driver I used in the GTX 680 review - that nVidia article is claiming up to 20% performance increases!

I'm also glad to see that FXAA, Adaptive vsync, and frame-rate targeting is now available for the 8-series GPUs :D Pretty cool stuff

Downloaded it last night but haven't installed it yet. The 296.10 driver has played so well with my 570s I hate to jinx myself :)

However, I'm dying to play with Adaptive v-sync. It's also nice to see that they have incorporated FXAA for supported titles in this driver release. I've been running hacked FXAA on Battelfield 3 and it works wonderfully. So I'm pretty confident that an official release will be even better (again for those titles that natively support it).

Edited by wevsspot

I have been running the beta for this driver for weeks and have had no issues. It is a great driver, though I do not know if the GTX 670 or 680 or 690 will see any gains in performance yet.

Downloaded it last night but haven't installed it yet. The 296.10 driver has played so well with my 570s I hate to jinx myself :)

However, I'm dying to play with Adaptive v-sync. It's also nice to see that they have incorporated FXAA for supported titles in this driver release. I've been running hacked FXAA on Battelfield 3 and it works wonderfully. So I'm pretty confident that an official release will be even better (again for those titles that natively support it).

I think it was the 295 driver, but I installed this and it's working fine. I have to admit I am not impressed with Adapative V-Sync and FXAA at the moment. I'll play around more with the v-sync, but currently I've never experienced the problem that claims to fix. I had it on at one point and it actually seemed like my frame rate went down in Skyrim, making one fight very annoying as I had to wait for frame to update. I'll turn it back on and test some more though (maybe I'll reinstall Metro 2033 for the benchmark, or Batman AC, don't know).

The FXAA I turned on for Dungeon Defenders and, as nVidia says, it didn't hurt performance. The image is somewhat better, but not mindblowing (we'd need actual in-game MSAA support for that I think) but it did have one unfortunate side effect. FXAA was not just run on the game but on the Steam Overlay. Made all of the text a little blurry as it smoothed the edges that are supposed to be crisp.

Performance wise though, it did seem a little better in Skyrim (without the adaptive v-sync), but again, nothing mind blowing.