Nadger

New Ivy Bridge Rig

Haha, thanks everyone for the compliments! I did go for parts i thought would mesh well together aesthetically, while not skimping on performance/quality. I would have liked to find a 680 that went better for the system but one does not simply turn down an in stock 680 on Newegg just because its not the right color. If http://store.valvesoftware.com/product.php?i=STKT03T ever gets back on stock I think I may buy it and slap it on the white part of the case side towards the front, but I'm not sure if it will ruin the clean vibe. I may also end up replacing the rear exhaust fan with something that looks nicer. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835233093 comes to mind but its not been met with very good reviews.

The last thing i may end up doing is changing out the side panel to one like this: 600x684px-LL-d9ce9db9_600x684px-LL-238a1eb1_photo4.jpeg

If i remember right there is a guy who will do it for you for a fee, though shouldnt be too difficult with a dremel.

I've been tempted to put a white led fan or led strip tucked away at the rear of the case because in the dark you cant see inside very well, but then again, I'm not big on LEDs as I've gotten older. If i feel like wasting some money and time I may go with the Corsair Commander with a lighting kit and tune it to only turn on the lights under load, or something to that effect.

I played with OCing it a bit, got it to 4.6 with short term stability tests, though id realistically probably back down to 4.3-4.5 to keep the heat low. Ivy hates much more than 1.3volts. But even stock it destroys any game i throw at is on max atm, so maybe I'll hold off on the OC until it starts showing signs of a CPU bottleneck.

Anyway I've thought out loud enough, I'll leave you with some older pictures of the what the rig is connected to.

zrl2U.jpg

8wvpj.jpg

Of7If.jpg

Since then ive added a small 17" secondary monitor i had laying around, Id like to flank the 26" with 2 24" monitors but that is probably just overkill =P I've also changed out the keycaps on the keyboard to some group buy custom request order keycaps that happen over at geekhack.

Thanks again for appreciating my build! Means a lot to hear it from other people who get it. I posted it on facebook and even my relatives and non geeky friends were impressed by it but didn't understand the point of it...THIS IS A HOT-ROD FOR NERDS, LEAVE ME ALONE GRANDMA.

Sweet set up man .. just wanna ask you about Geforce GTX 680 (Zotac) . is this graphic card any good ? any probs? Cause im thinking of getting it something like that

The 680 is amazing, powerful, quiet, low watts, nice new features, scales very well, utilizes low power demand games by OCing itself til it meets its maxium power budget. If you really want to know everything there is to know about it, id suggest this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ER3nv7NTwbs

Extremely in depth look at the 680.

Edited by Nadger