Overclocking I7 3930K

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey El Capitan. Remember the system I thought I fried... Got a New motherboard from AIrman to test my old I7 950.... ITS ALIVE!!!!!!!!! :woo:

Im going to overclock this thing a bit now... Maybe this will give me time to gut the Main rig to figure out what to do for Water blocking the thing. :bah:

^^ Reminds you, at least for some time that old is gold. right? :biggrin:

This is true

Lol

Yeah, It WAS a good excuse to upgrade.. :lol:

3.80 on air.jpg

Just a side note. THis is all on air in my Old Modded cheiftech Dragon.

This is true

Yeah, It WAS a good excuse to upgrade.. :lol:

post-64925-0-44071900-1339952916_thumb.jpg

Just a side note. THis is all on air in my Old Modded cheiftech Dragon.

What? Not at 4.2GHz? I guess with the temps, 3.8GHz is where it should be at.

What? Not at 4.2GHz? I guess with the temps, 3.8GHz is where it should be at.

Believe me I wanted that and I wanted it BADLY.... But no Buano with temps already in the high 80's at 4.0 Ghz.... But believe you me when I get some decent watercooling under this chip and possible NB - VR's. We shall see if I can Fry this Board too... :rofl:

Oh and BTW I dont know what is with CPU-z and its memory reporting lately But the ram is not at 1650 its more closer to 1810Mhz @ 9-9-9-27 1t @ 1.65V. And I'm thoroughly surprised that I could get that Speed at a Command rate of 1

Believe me I wanted that and I wanted it BADLY.... But no Buano with temps already in the high 80's at 4.0 Ghz.... But believe you me when I get some decent watercooling under this chip and possible NB - VR's. We shall see if I can Fry this Board too... :rofl:

Oh and BTW I dont know what is with CPU-z and its memory reporting lately But the ram is not at 1650 its more closer to 1810Mhz @ 9-9-9-27 1t @ 1.65V. And I'm thoroughly surprised that I could get that Speed at a Command rate of 1

Ah. Well, makes sense that you were looking to buy a LGA 1366 cpu block. Damn, I could never get my memory speeds that high with those timings on the x58's.

Then you should buy CPU block. At least you can score some more points in hwbot with that. :P

What I really want is a 12' -12' by 0.125" Plate of copper

Small chipset design waterblock

extra small alphacool waterblock

a table 3 way adjustabl table lathe.

Associated cutting bits for brass.

Hot plate able to do 350 f'

and some solder. :D

Chipset Waterblock and heat speaders Volah