Boinker

Overclocking I7 3930K

Well. Bishop245 and I have setup a time to watercool this beastly chip. Can you say rx360.

My 2600K is back to 4.7 too but can't remember the voltage right now may try for 5 while boinker fits his tubing tomorrow

well I finally settled where I want my system at. for longevity and everything nice and stable I chose 4.30Ghz. may bump it to 4.50ghz but not sure. Its stable at 4.70ghz but I will have to do something about the Voltage regulator temperature. Just way to dang hot for my taste with the watercooling loop in. Might try to Boinkeneer a Boinkfactor waterblock for it but with the lack of a mill I have my doubts ill do that. Oh well.

Here is a compare link. http://3dmark.com/3dm11/3571991

Showing EVGA percision and a shot of the intel tuner tool with my settings.

Stable 24-7.PNG

With 6 cores and 12 threads running anything over 4ghz, I don't think you will run into any performance issues :D

With 6 cores and 12 threads running anything over 4ghz, I don't think you will run into any performance issues :D

Except for games, cuz you know a $550 CPU won't help in game FPS no matter how many reviews show otherwise. :P

Except for games, cuz you know a $550 CPU won't help in game FPS no matter how many reviews show otherwise. :P

Well of course haha but I think he has game performance covered as well with dual 480s :thumbsup:

This is all true. Only real difference in game i have noticed is the smoothness of everything. There really isn't more fps it just stays more consistent with a this system compared to my i7 950. Still worth it and love it.

At an estimated over 50000 points per day in folding its a processing madhouse. Right now its working on Three different work units. I can only imagine what it would be with 3 480s and a second processor. Here i am dreaming of the ws supercomputer from asus again.

This is all true. Only real difference in game i have noticed is the smoothness of everything. There really isn't more fps it just stays more consistent with a this system compared to my i7 950. Still worth it and love it.

At an estimated over 50000 points per day in folding its a processing madhouse. Right now its working on Three different work units. I can only imagine what it would be with 3 480s and a second processor. Here i am dreaming of the ws supercomputer from asus again.

Beast. Imagine that with 4 670s or 680s...

Beast. Imagine that with 4 670s or 680s...

Please don't tempt me... I have spent enough on this system this year. But yes that would be quite the folder/gamer/whateverthefuuuuu you want to doo.