Boinker

Overclocking I7 3930K

Woohoo. 4.50 Ghz stable and no throttling.... Just needed to make the voltage change and BINGO. :D

Stable 4.50.PNG

Woohoo. 4.50 Ghz stable and no throttling.... Just needed to make the voltage change and BINGO. :D

post-64925-0-40508700-1337661517_thumb.png

nice, thats pretty good for a 6 core on air, i wonder what a reasonable result is under water?

Thank Muchoman. How is the desk coming??

I think the processor under water will be happier. The hottest temp on the processor I have been able to obtain during Intels Extreme utility tester under memory and processor or just the processor test was 70c at peak. average is around 65c depending and The issue in the #2 Voltage regulator. RIght now under cpu and ram testing it has peaked its temp at 74c with an average of 71.... Wow. Just now passed the CPU and memory test and things are still within

I just hope I can get it under control on air and the real challenge is under water with no available waterblocks for this Intel DX79SI.... We will see what happens. I am likely going to do some fabricating and see what I can muster for a decent HSF for the Southbridge, x79 chip and then the upper Power Voltage regulators and I could really throw down but we shall see what happens. It is a fun overclock. At least after the test it cools quickly.

Validation anyone??

2378174.png

Thanks shurman. :cheers:

Hopefully some time this weekend after im done finishing the Comp room I can carry on and take it further. :D

Thank Muchoman. How is the desk coming??

I think the processor under water will be happier. The hottest temp on the processor I have been able to obtain during Intels Extreme utility tester under memory and processor or just the processor test was 70c at peak. average is around 65c depending and The issue in the #2 Voltage regulator. RIght now under cpu and ram testing it has peaked its temp at 74c with an average of 71.... Wow. Just now passed the CPU and memory test and things are still within

I just hope I can get it under control on air and the real challenge is under water with no available waterblocks for this Intel DX79SI.... We will see what happens. I am likely going to do some fabricating and see what I can muster for a decent HSF for the Southbridge, x79 chip and then the upper Power Voltage regulators and I could really throw down but we shall see what happens. It is a fun overclock. At least after the test it cools quickly.

Validation anyone??

2378174.png

desk is progressing, slowly, but still progressing.

My cpu and rampage 4 extreme will both be watercooled, and just the cpu and mobo will have a 480mm rad all to themselves, so the vrm and cores should be very happy. Im hoping for a decent oc, but im not going to push it too hard for 24/7 use, maybe ill crank it for some benchmarks though, put nyt in his place :lol:

I keep mine humming along at 4.2ghz - 4.4ghz, have the option in turbo if it's using less cores it turbo's further.. and so far it works though most of my apps either dont load the cpu much or use multiple cores so it generaly at 4,2. (SWTOR (4.2) seems to load all the core's but Diablo3(4.32) doesnt...)

Dude, what's up with the uber loose timings on your ram? I've never seen that before, along with 4000mhz haha

That is just cpu-z being itself. Not sure why it reads that BUT i am running 8-8-8-24 1t ddr3 1600 @ 1.50volts.

I love the intel extreme utility though. One stop shop for everything and its saves my settings as well as can change eveything around. I saved the 4.50ghz profile for later use. I may leave it there during normal usage and shoot for a better overclock.

Hey muchoman..... Im jelly.

but im not going to push it too hard for 24/7 use, maybe ill crank it for some benchmarks though, put nyt in his place :lol:

Im running 4.6Ghz at 1.35V 24/7 , I dont want to degrade it - I already saw some after a while at 5GHz. Even for just benching, over 1.5V to get to 5Ghz is not worth it IMO...

Hey night ryda. What other kind of settings are you push. Like system agent. I/o, turbo watt limit etc.

Im running 4.6Ghz at 1.35V 24/7 , I dont want to degrade it - I already saw some after a while at 5GHz. Even for just benching, over 1.5V to get to 5Ghz is not worth it IMO...

Fair enough, its an expensive piece of kit to replace if yo u damage it thats for sure.

I'm not planning on taking it any higher than 1.4 v.