EK Nickel plated blocks

Indeed. RRTech will also do chrome and nickel plating for a price and their stuff looks amazing. http://www.realredraider.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=26857

In addition to that - if you ever have issues with the plating he stands behind them 100%. You'll get new parts if you have issues, even tiny ones. The complete opposite of EK.

Thanks Waco you have just got me set on wasting a sh¡tload of money on playing with these guys when I eventually move onto my next build. The blocks just look so bloody perfect. Will go with EK copper and plexi and get these guys to plate them properly :lol:

Wonder how the shipping will work out :-/

Thanks Waco you have just got me set on wasting a sh¡tload of money on playing with these guys when I eventually move onto my next build. The blocks just look so bloody perfect. Will go with EK copper and plexi and get these guys to plate them properly :lol:

Wonder how the shipping will work out :-/

i am doing exactly that now, ill let you know how it works out

EKWB strongly recommends the use of coolants, such as EK-Ekoolant...

The solution is to buy expensive coolants that don't work as well as water just so we can use your shitty blocks with shitty plating?

Or they're saying this and recommending their own blocks to make more money on selling their brand of coolant.

26995203.png

Or they're saying this and recommending their own blocks to make more money on selling their brand of coolant.

26995203.png

look at how bad it looks even when using their coolant though

look at how bad it looks even when using their coolant though

Go to the site Waco linked navigate to the board where they have an unofficial test of EK plating. They have pics of all of the issues in the plating and plenty of shots through a microscope showing cracks, pits and missing bits of plating where the copper shows through.

WoW :whoa:

Thanks god i dont own one of these blocks.

Id like to know how they got the loops so dirty so fast. Iv been running my for close to 2 years now, and its still clear and clean.

12 weeks and they got dirt that needs to be grinded off almost.

In a scientific test "might" and "appears" is useless. They should have done a test to determine conclusively what the gunk was made of on behalf of their current customer, future customer, and not least but themselves. They did not even at least inspect the clear hose to find the pits left from the leakage.

WoW :whoa:

Thanks god i dont own one of these blocks.

Id like to know how they got the loops so dirty so fast. Iv been running my for close to 2 years now, and its still clear and clean.

12 weeks and they got dirt that needs to be grinded off almost.

You know im kind of wondering the same thing. I ran a loop for 6 months and cleaned it and i did not have near the problems with any kind of build up..... Makes me wonder cause bishop245 ran a loop straight on for over 6 months folding away in extreme heat and unsavoring conditions ans all he had was a single spec of gunk on the inlet of his waterblock. Rest of the loop was clean. Now.he is running the system with 2 ek fc570's and one ek supreme hf.... Kind of makes me wonder if he is going to run into problems..... Im worried now. I think if i do upgrade my watercooling system ill either stick with what i have, appogee xt, or use the ek copper waterblock..

Apogee XT for the win :)

They may not always have the best performing blocks, but fit, finish and durability are unmatched.

And after you do the boinkfactor mod to it it has even higher flow rate and better performance. Lol. Me and my dremel tool had a hay day.

And after you do the boinkfactor mod to it it has even higher flow rate and better performance. Lol. Me and my dremel tool had a hay day.

Now i want to know

:popcorn: