3 piracy warnings in 2 days...wtf

Yes

http://www.techspot....te-pirates.html

I would call back and mention this ruling and say you will take them to court because they are using your IP to incriminate you.

That may work but it is there game and if I'm not mistaken they have the right to refuse service to anyone... :lol:

Hope you get things resolved for yourself and the game.

Stop pirating, that's your answer.

+1 hey it was hard for me to stop but to honest most i got were not worth it

and the ones that were they were worth paying for

bottom line you get what you pay for

Edited by jdm_freek

It's probably not worth going to court since it's going to be a up hill battle depending on what they have history of your torrenting. You might even be hit with hefty fines if the judge sees fit. Just set up a VPN/Proxy for however long you stay with the ISP.

Edited by MJCRO

Have you requested the details on each of the four instances they have accused you of pirating before? That may give you an idea of how and who has reported your IP address for pirating. Was it an AP2P, was it Cox themselves? Were the warnings for downloading, uploading or both?

In the past when you were "pirating", did you take any precautionary measures such as changing your default sharing port, using an app such as Peerblock, or going through a Proxy server? Or were you just plugging along totally un-shielded?

How did Cox warn you? Via email, a written notification in the mail or some ridiculous GUI popup?

If I were you I would want to know the exact dates the supposed infractions occurred and compare that to the date you received the warnings. I don't understand how they can go back through months of data records and then start issuing consecutive warnings for those offenses without first giving you the opportunity to cease and desist in the first place.

If it's any comfort, I'm on Cox too and started reading up on their AP efforts sometime in late '08 or early '09 and (at least accordingly to their publicly released statistics at the time) the number of customers they actually permanently disconnected from service was really small (less that 1% if I remember correctly).

Edited by wevsspot

Step one is to ask your ISP for the proof you have been involved in Piracy. Make them get specific with the dates and times as well as the supposed pirated material. While you are waiting for step one change your wireless password and check to make sure none of your machines have any kind of torrent client installed. (Could be an old file getting pirated by others off your machine without you realizing it.)<BR><BR>Once you have the data from the ISP then compare with your computer usage and the files. This will let you know if someone is hacking your network. <BR><BR>Contact the ISP, explain what you found for the issue and what steps you have taken to resolve this matter for the future. As for the permenant putti8ng this on, that does not sound right, most ISPS expunge the record after one year with no issues. If you give me the ISP's contact info, I do not need your info, I will call them as a reporter and see if I can get what thier policies are for you in case they are not making them clear to you.

just tell them your wifi was open for a while and you didn't know it and since "you don't" pirate anymore it won't happen again. also replace your router since thats the IP address the web sees. they can't prove anything if your MAC doesn't match the IP.

also cox is a horrible ISP, I would switch on principle alone.

Edited by hornybluecow