Need help pricing stuff

That_Guy

Hi all

First of all, would like to explain how this ended up here. I cannot start new threads in BUY and SELL section (been a member since waaay back just didnt have too many thoughts to share and didnt hit that 50 message threshold :P) so i thought i'd ask here. Not really trying to sell stuff here either so i think it's safe to call it a pre-new build topic :P

Ok, down to business. I am planning an upgrade and want to sell my old stuff to an RL friend of mine. I would like to get some thoughts on pricing stuff i am going to sell, please reply only if you are in selling/buying business, i dont need numbers that *you'd thought would be could if you could have it for* or stuff like that. Just trying not to be too greedy :)

Here is what i came up with after doing a little research on Ebay and tigerdirect/newegg

CPU Q9450 ~ 150$

EVGA SLI 780i ~ 80$

MSI GTX 275 Twin Frozr - 85$

4x2gb GSkill Ripjaws ~60$

PSU Corsair 850TX ~ 85$

ZEROtherm Butterfly BTF90 CPU Cooler ~ 25$

(also gonna give him Apevia Jupiter X case with 5 aftermarket coolers for free)

Thoughts?

:thx:

Edited by Neebitemnemo

Some people still seem to love the C2Q's for some reason and will pay that much for it when they can buy an i5 2500K for just a little more, so I won't comment on that or the motherboard.

The GTX 275 might be a little high, but anyone actually interested in it for SLI'ing with another GTX 275 might offer $60 for it.

Some really good overclocking 2x4GB DDR3 memory from Samsung can be bought at $39.99 with free shipping, which can be overclocked to 1866MHz or 2133MHz, so expect maybe $30 to be a more reasonable offer from people.

The Corsair 850TX might sell better around $75 or even lower, unfortunately, especially for how long you've had it.

Essentially, you're offering him an outdated system for $485, when he can get an i5-2500K + decent P67 or Z68 motherboard for around $280 or less, including a 2x4GB memory for $40, a CM Hyper 212+ for $22, and a 750W PSU for ~$90 - $100 new, leaving $43 for a graphics card... which half can go towards a GTX 460 1GB, which outperforms a GTX 275 when both are overclocked, and can play DX11 games.

If he was my RL friend, I'd be giving it to him for $300, $350 at most.

• Like 1

Thanks mate, thats exactly why i asked! I felt like i could be asking too much. Anyways, 300$ is half way into my new GTX 680 which is better than zero i got when i sent my previous system to the dump -_-

:thx: