Mo2teye

Need a new Headset

9 members have voted

1. 1. Which one is best for you ? ( don't hate the name .. if you never tried either of them don't play smart please )

• Logitech Wireless Gaming Headset G930 with 7.1 Surround Sound
    • The Logitech Wireless Headset F540 with Stereo Game Audio

Hello everyone,

I wanted to take your advice on this topic since i am an idiot in audio stuff. Time came where i need a new gaming headset but there are some limitations :

- Has to be wireless ( unfortunately the headset being wireless is a must for me )

- No more than 120 $

- Has to be from Amazon.com ( US )

- Even though I am not really an audiophile, it has to have a decent sound quality output ( for the price of course, i wont be unreasonable )

I done a bit of research and got stuck at these 2 deals :

- The Logitech Wireless Headset F540 with Stereo Game Audio

[ http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Wireless-Headset-PS3-Xbox-360/dp/B0040QMB8O/ref=pd_sim_e_5 ]

- The Logitech Wireless Gaming Headset G930 with 7.1 Surround Sound

[ http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Wireless-Gaming-Headset-Surround/dp/B003VANOFY/ref=pd_sim_e_1 ]

Both are within budget but i am leaning more towards the G930. I read a lot of good reviews about them but still cannot decide.

So my dear OCC fellows, i call upon you now seeking your help, who can help me out here ? and if its possible i might be missing out a lot of good quality headsets and don't know it yet so if there are any better suggestions i would immensely appreciate them.

Thanks everyone in advance! :D

Umm a question can you explain the must but behind the wireless?

Batteries would be a pain plus slower response and lower quality audio I ain't sure how it's a good thing.

Oh and another place you could look is headroom that offers free shipping within the us for orders over $100 unless you have some amazon gift card you need to use.

Would you need or use a mic and is it possible to live with a cable? (bare in mind if it's an issue of OC being far away the cables on some headphones can be rather large mine for example come with a 6 foot and a 12 foot cable. Just something to think about if this is part of the wireless need)

Umm a question can you explain the must but behind the wireless?

Batteries would be a pain plus slower response and lower quality audio I ain't sure how it's a good thing.

Oh and another place you could look is headroom that offers free shipping within the us for orders over $100 unless you have some amazon gift card you need to use.

Would you need or use a mic and is it possible to live with a cable? (bare in mind if it's an issue of OC being far away the cables on some headphones can be rather large mine for example come with a 6 foot and a 12 foot cable. Just something to think about if this is part of the wireless need)

I understand you find this weird, i will try to explain.

First of all, about why amazon US?

Thing is i am not an american and don't even live in USA, i am in Lebanon ( middle east ). Due to the lack of availability of a LOT of things here, me and a couple of friends are going to make a shipment from Amazon.com to Lebanon, so the headset is among a lot of other stuff that's why it must be amazon.

Second of all, why wireless ?

Wired for me is a disaster, over the 50 headsets i had, i never managed to have one that lasts more than 3 months, always the same thing, the wire goes bye bye. I did consider the fact this is maybe he first real quality headset that i shall buy, so maybe the weak cable link problem wont be there, and i may have become just paranoid of cabled headsets, but still don't feel happy about risking a 100$ for a wired headset.

Oh okay makes sense now and,if thats how you feel about wired, I doubt I could change your mind I will take a look see on amazon.

Oh okay makes sense now and,if thats how you feel about wired, I doubt I could change your mind I will take a look see on amazon.

Sure thing, thanks a lot for your time.

And just a question, i know wireless has poorer quality, or at least that is what everyone is saying, but just about how much ? is it really that bad that many stay away of wireless headsets?

Sure thing, thanks a lot for your time.

And just a question, i know wireless has poorer quality, or at least that is what everyone is saying, but just about how much ? is it really that bad that many stay away of wireless headsets?

Well yeah it does have a much poorer quality especially at the bottom of the line.

There is all sorts of issues like interference and signal weaknesses. When I have used wireless interfaces the most common thing I have noticed was how weak and tinny the upper registers of my songs become which has to do with the wireless transmittion.

Lack of base is an often common complaint and you never have a chance to pair these kind of headphones with an amp.

Other issues I see is the extra weight of needing a battery.

I have had a look and the g930 is going to be the best in your price range.

Well yeah it does have a much poorer quality especially at the bottom of the line.

There is all sorts of issues like interference and signal weaknesses. When I have used wireless interfaces the most common thing I have noticed was how weak and tinny the upper registers of my songs become which has to do with the wireless transmittion.

Lack of base is an often common complaint and you never have a chance to pair these kind of headphones with an amp.

Other issues I see is the extra weight of needing a battery.

I have had a look and the g930 is going to be the best in your price range.

Well damn it then, if it will mean that much trouble i wont bother with wireless then.

As for now can i ask more of your help with this ? What is the best wired headset that i can get for a maximum of 120$ ? ( remember from amazon )

thanks a lot for your help

Well damn it then, if it will mean that much trouble i wont bother with wireless then.

As for now can i ask more of your help with this ? What is the best wired headset that i can get for a maximum of 120$ ? ( remember from amazon )

thanks a lot for your help

http://www.amazon.com/Audio-Technica-ATHM50S-Professional-Monitor-Headphones/dp/B004ZG9TMA/ref=sr_1_8?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1336946239&sr=1-8

For $10 more I know but if you like tight punchy bass then this would be my rec for the $120 range (for some reason the M50S is going much cheaper than the standard M50 so it's a great price, only difference is the M50S has a straight 10 foot cable opposed to the coiled 9 foot one of the M50) They are a sealed can with alright noise canceling properties so they would be alright for nosier or more populated environments.

or

http://www.amazon.com/Grado-Prestige-Series-Stereo-Headphone/dp/B000G3LCQC/ref=sr_1_24?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1336946239&sr=1-24

The're only $100 the SR 80i offer brilliant value for a clarity pair of open cans. I have used these in store and they offer great detail and clear sound, they are not as punchy as the M50s but they are very very clean through the mids and highs making for very good vocals and acoustic music. They're not suitable for busy public areas or work environments because they are an open can and will likely annoy others or yourself because outside sounds are not cut off.

Your music tastes and the environment you would normally use them in would make all the difference to getting these.

The SR 60i and ATH-M40 are both viable cheaper options.

You mention headset, so I take it you need something with an included microphone?

In that case, Sennheiser PC 330 GAME at ~$80, Razer Carcharias at $60, or Thermaltake Shock One at $100.

Alternatively, you can go for one of the headphones Stonerboy said, and pair it with the Zalman clip on mic for $9.

You mention headset, so I take it you need something with an included microphone?

In that case, Sennheiser PC 330 GAME at ~$80, Razer Carcharias at $60, or Thermaltake Shock One at $100.

Alternatively, you can go for one of the headphones Stonerboy said, and pair it with the Zalman clip on mic for $9.

The carcharias is a waste of money. It does not fit well, there is a faint hissing noise, it is just a mess. The corsair headsets are much better IMO. They had a better fit, and the sound was a lot cleaner.

The carcharias is a waste of money. It does not fit well, there is a faint hissing noise, it is just a mess. The corsair headsets are much better IMO. They had a better fit, and the sound was a lot cleaner.

Sounds like you got a bad headset, then. My carcharias' were very good, though a little weak on bass. They were very comfortable as well, and felt very light on my head. Maybe you just have a weird shaped head :P

Sounds like you got a bad headset, then. My carcharias' were very good, though a little weak on bass. They were very comfortable as well, and felt very light on my head. Maybe you just have a weird shaped head :P

Same. The ones I tried were nice if a little lacking in bass. Fairly comfortable fit too, even with my large noggin. :lol: