modded Phantom and water cooling

Hey Guys.

Im new at this forum and 'im from Denmark, so be patient with me :doh:

I have bought a phantom and i have painted it and done some small moddings. Here are my thoughts: http://imageshack.dk//viewimage.php?file=/imagesfree/Wwk46721.png (How do i add a photo?)

I'm going to upgrade with a 5970 soon for a trifire setup. :woo:

Starting a build log soon.

What do you think? any better ideas?

Edited by Gustavss14

There is currently 6 fans exhausting and one fan intaking air resulting in a air flow bottleneck. The front of the case appears to be a solid plastic cover which would not allow any air to flow in when closed. The sys will operate better if the bottom two fans on the 240 were in pull position.

There is currently 6 fans exhausting and one fan intaking air resulting in a air flow bottleneck. The front of the case appears to be a solid plastic cover which would not allow any air to flow in when closed. The sys will operate better if the bottom two fans on the 240 were in pull position.

I'll go for that then :)

you would have to cut the top of the case for the rad and fans to fit in without touching the motherboard.

With my motherboard it wont be a problem :)

you would have to cut the top of the case for the rad and fans to fit in without touching the motherboard.

Not really. My wife put together her setup in a phantom with a triple rad on top and we well be putting a dual in the bottom as well. The fans are a tight fit for some components but it all works without modification with a Swiftech 360 rad and push pull fans

The front is solid plastic, yes, but there's enough of a gap at the bottom that it won't impede airflow too badly. Though, I do agree, the bottom fans should be a pull configuration (maybe even a push/pull?).

Not really. My wife put together her setup in a phantom with a triple rad on top and we well be putting a dual in the bottom as well. The fans are a tight fit for some components but it all works without modification with a Swiftech 360 rad and push pull fans

This also varies between motherboards greatly. For example, my Asrock P67 Professional won't allow me to put even a 120x12mm fan on my far side as a push, because the EPS connector is directly underneath the radiator (it touches slightly). However, I can fit a thin fan above my RAM, because I have some more room. I'm not sure if it'll be of great concern with the Phantom, but with my 690 II it is.

WE will be reworking my wifes this coming weekend. I currently have a Xigmatek 170mm fan in the front, The air intake in the front along with the opening at the bottom allows enough air into the chassis. The drive cage is the largest impediment to airflow through this case although you can mount a 200mm fan on the side panel as I have done. The push pull configurations for the fans at the top will depend on the thickness of the radiator. I went with a Swiftech rad because it is thin and does decent for not a lot of money. Any thicker than it and I ran into clearance problems with the fans. The opening in the top leaves a lot to be desired for airflow but it works well enough to get the airflow out of the case. I had to clearance 1 fan ear to make it work and did not cut any part of the case to put in the rad and fans. We used an XSPC pump/res combo to eliminate the need for a pump in the case outside the reservoir.

By pulling the drive cages out and putting another rad at the bottom you increase the cooling capacity tremendously.

Here are some pics of the case