PC won't start.

Well, after doing everything in the book, I called asus and they said that the mobo was indeed DOA. I just had a hard time believing this since this has been my 32nd DOA since the start of the new year. I didn't even do anything wrong either because I swapped it out with a new board and everything works fine. I guess I am just the worlds unluckiest PC person. :dunno:

32? THIS YEAR? Good God man! You're either the most unlucky or the most inept person on this forum. :lol: I'm gonna go with the former since I'm fairly sure you don't own the title to the latter. :D

32? THIS YEAR? Good God man! You're either the most unlucky or the most inept person on this forum. :lol: I'm gonna go with the former since I'm fairly sure you don't own the title to the latter. :D

The issue is that they are all coming from microcenter. I try not to buy from them anymore, but it is just sooooooooo convenient.

Also, an interesting thought I came up with is...could the CPU price at MC so low because it is not a good OC chip and it was binned? :dunno:

Also, an interesting thought I came up with is...could the CPU price at MC so low because it is not a good OC chip and it was binned? :dunno:

Not a chance. The retail versions they get are the same as any other retailer.

I would say its so low because it's a core component that will get people in store buying it and other things. Its often hard to go up against the convenience of entail let's when you still run brick and mortar stores. So you gotta offer things like brilliant deals on the crucial and sometimes rather expensive components.

Not a chance. The retail versions they get are the same as any other retailer.

I don't know man, I can not get this chip stable past 4.6 ghz. I even went all the way up to 1.45 volts at 4.8 and it still wasn't stable. It really sucks because I REALLY wanted a good OC chip, but it looks like I got the worst :P

I wonder if a better PSU would help.............Unfortunately, Bank of America just gave me a big fat :rtfm:

I already have the board outside the case Dr. Death. I had already done that before I had even put up the thread soooooo yeah I do know what I am doing, and by the way, I am really glad I have asus on my side for this issue rather than MSI ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ..............Just messing with you :P

Told you, should have gotten the MSI Z77-GD65. LOL

i wonder why Tj said that; he's extreme unlucky with computers. next i lol with that 666 bill.

until i saw that 32nd DOAs just in 5 months time :fp:

but i found you Tj that lucky still cause you are living in the US. what's the big deal? with all of those hassles(or even just a part of it) and you were here in the Philippines; you're through and dead with your hobby then!

dealing such issues for us here seems 'agonizing' :rtfm: . seriously i was just simply amazed how you guys dealt with it (RMA and stuffs) walking in the park. and there's no way we can have that money back guaranty what you are enjoying :nyea:

enjoy your new toy TJ! :cheers:

I will not say a word.

The issue is that they are all coming from microcenter. I try not to buy from them anymore, but it is just sooooooooo convenient.

Tj, with a litte truth. The retailer has nothing to do with your woes. I buy tons of stuff through Microcenter. If you blowing boards like that it it you and nothing else. Your not handling them properly plain and simple. MicroCenterhas one of the best reputations around period. That said all your rants here need to slow down. It is obvious that you step way out of your bounds when debating things.

I don't know man, I can not get this chip stable past 4.6 ghz. I even went all the way up to 1.45 volts at 4.8 and it still wasn't stable. It really sucks because I REALLY wanted a good OC chip, but it looks like I got the worst :P

I wonder if a better PSU would help.............Unfortunately, Bank of America just gave me a big fat :rtfm:

You CANNOT run 1.48V on IvyBridge. The max you can get on custom water is 4.8GHz and low 1.3volts....... or so because of the heat. Relax skippy.

Here is custom water: (Voltages in CPUZ are not correct. I ran 1.34V).

intel_3770k_4800.jpg

intel_3770k_4789.jpg

intel_3770k_stress.jpg

intel_3770k_temps2.jpg

Here is Dice:

intel_3770k_dice1.jpg

intel_3770k_dice2.jpg

intel_3770k_dice3.jpg

intel_3770k_dice4.jpg

Edited by Drdeath

^^ This is bad. Really bad. Cause this means, one may reach 4.5GHz with H100 if ambient temperature favors overclocking. Does I misunderstand anything here?

If I am interpreting you correctly. Yes it is but 3D Trigate Transistors(IMO), they are the cilprit not the die shrink) are in it's infancy so Haswell will tell the tail. The architecture and instruction set should be much different. I will say Ivy is more efficient with the lower voltage per core compared to Sandy. It is simple. Ivy is not worth the upgrade from Sandy. My benchmarks show an average of 5% improvement in performance on average.

• Like 1

Thanks for the explanations.

Ivy is not worth the upgrade from Sandy.

I understood that after going through 2-3 reviews.

We have to wait for Haswell to see Intel offerings.